Helmets | The Boneyard

Helmets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
With the new logo released, does anyone know whats going to be put on the football teams helmets?

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Assuming there will be multiple helmets using both the word mark and the new logo in different configurations.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Pretty much has to go one of two ways. Dog on the gloves and UCONN on the helmet or UCONN on the gloves and Dog on the helmet.

I'd guess UCONN on helmet, more red trim in the unis, Husky imprint on the shoulder and/or Husky patch on the pants. I'm really looking forward to seeing it.

SubbaBub

Reaction Score
Look at the Cal unis, i would expect to.see the dog on the shoulder in a similar fashion.

I also expect 4-6 different helmet designs.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

Reaction Score
I imagine a dozen different designs. Blue with UConn in red/white. White with UConn in Red/blue. Blue with the Husky logo, white with the Husky logo, silver or grey with UConn in blue or red. could be a black one, too. For all the talk about coordinating colors and/or uniforms, my guess is that we would wear clown suits if that is what Nike wanted us to wear...actually we already did that a couple of years ago in basketball...even Notre Dame and Michigan stooped to the clown suit level for a game. We certainly will if they ask/demand it. Just look at the new logo. Doesn't matter what UConn's history is. Nike wanted a change. We made a change.

Reaction Score
In anticipation of the next conflagration on the good old BY! :)

http://simononsports.blogspot.com/2009/08/ranking-uconns-historical-helmets.html

"UConn may not have a vast history when it comes to college football winning, but they do have a vast history when it comes to changing helmets. According to The Helmet Project, they've changed their helmet atleast 17 times. Below I've ranked which ones I enjoy the best.

image.jpg

For whatever odd reason, I enjoy the C that looks like a football. It's different, it's unique, and hence it gets bonus points from me. The three Cs are followed by the Huskies current helmet which is simple and classy.

The remainder of the helmets are pretty boring. I like the script UConn much better than the block Uconn, but can't say I like either much. And the last helmet with the interlocking U & C is absolutely hideous, can you say Holy Cross logo.<<

Link to picture file - http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_3BaJMgGKAmE/SnnHEMcdJKI/AAAAAAAALJc/I3R2p8ypb40/s1600-h/uconn+helmets.bmp

Reaction Score
Harkening back to 1965, Connecticut, or UCONN, could always re-introduce a helmet with 2 different colors on each side (right v left). Or, re-introduce the Peoples Express-like, UCONN log helmets from the late 90s-early 00s. My favorite helmet has been the current "C" block logo, but I'll support my alma mater regardless of whatever concoctions Nike or the university pop out soon or in the future.

It's my school, our Huskies, and the student-athletes, not some label, logo, or color scheme, I have always supported from childhood through my days in Storrs and will as long as time allows me to support Connecticut, or UCONN. As for the new logo, it will look great on goalie masks especially as UCONN begins stepping it up in hockey, gradually becomes competitive in Hockey East, eventually becomes the Constitution State's ice king pin, and, some day, wins a Frozen Four national championship.

From the Helmet Project website:
"During 1969, like many other teams, UConn used a logo consisting of the number "100" inside a football shape to commemorate the 100th anniversary of the first college football game; I would appreciate a photograph of UConn's version of this helmet.

*1 The 1965 Connecticut helmet was one of the more unique designs in the history of the sport. Half of the shell was white and the other half navy blue, with the same logo on each side, but with the colors inverted. I believe that it was the left half of this helmet that was white and the right side blue, so the right side of the helmet would resemble the 1964 helmet shown here. This strange design was used for just one season."

As open minded as I am regarding the new logo and branding, anyone know a website where a good quality, CONNECTICUT, 100% cotton, gray crew neck sweat shirt can be purchased? (not with a hood)

Reaction Score
Honestly I was fine with the block C helmets, they were simple and distinctive. It was the boring ass uniforms that I couldn't stand and I'm glad that they're changing.

Out of the ones we've had in the past, I like the ones with "UConn" written in script, and the ones with the player number on them. I'm sure at least one variation of the new ones we get will have the new logo on it, but I've always felt that helmets should have letters, words, or numbers on them and not pictures. At least not in college.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
Is it too late to petition to get the white dog version like subbabub's avatar?
I like that. Honestly, vast majority of non BY people do not like this dog.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
And just like you will, they'll get over it and move on with their lives....

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Alum86

Reaction Score
And just like you will, they'll get over it and move on with their lives....

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks for patronizing. This is a message board, correct? This board beats around block C on helmets, colors of blue, color of helmet. This was a major fail by this university, the werewolf logo.

Reaction Score
If angry logo reactionaries also liked the recent "block C" helmet, they'll have another thing to whine about with the latter's departure. From UCONN's Husky Logo Q&A:

"... many other logos that have been featured over the past several years by our teams will not be used any longer. This includes the `Block C’ used by football..."

Reaction Score
wow, not happy with this one, sounds like the helmets will have UCONN on them again. Thought we could have used more metallic paint in the blue but really liked the block C. Someone here had a silver husky on the helmets at the end of last season which looked good as well. Herbst is on a rampage.

CL82

Reaction Score
White-Wake-Forest-Deacon-Helmet.jpg

This one's rockin'. Says to opponents "GET OFF MY LAWN!"

Or perhaps "hah that's two hotels on Boardwork, pay up my good man!"

CL82

Reaction Score
mashup.jpg.jpeg

Gotta say I like the plain blue and white one more than the blue eye red tongue version.

Reaction Score
mashup.jpg.jpeg

Gotta say I like the plain blue and white one more than the blue eye red tongue version.

Tongue doesn't matter :eek: - I like the blue eyes (or even one blue eye like a lot of huskies).

SubbaBub

Reaction Score

Penfield gets credit for photoshopping the whitedog logo. I've adopted it as a sign of solidarity. I am sure that if NIKE wanted to create a white version, it would look very cool.

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
mashup.jpg.jpeg

Like to see blue eyed logo on a chrome helmet @night games

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
wow, not happy with this one, sounds like the helmets will have UCONN on them again. Thought we could have used more metallic paint in the blue but really liked the block C. Someone here had a silver husky on the helmets at the end of last season which looked good as well. Herbst is on a rampage.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/fourteen85/6849814973/in/set-72157629252972909/

I'm having problems inserting the photo for some reason, but here is the helmet that I think you were referring to. CL82 was rocking it for a little while also...

Alum86

Reaction Score
Penfield gets credit for photoshopping the whitedog logo. I've adopted it as a sign of solidarity. I am sure that if NIKE wanted to create a white version, it would look very cool.

Kudos to Penfield et al. Really feel strong about the all white dog but will now shut my pie hole. I do like the UCONN logo though, they got that right. One out of two ain't bad, better than Coach Blue so far.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom