Hello my friends, back from Terp land, ? for you as Edsall is looking to replace | The Boneyard

Hello my friends, back from Terp land, ? for you as Edsall is looking to replace

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
a DL, WR and OL coach....anyone from his old staff you think he would consider?

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

OL coach you say?

We know of a guy who may be looking for work. Genius. Teaches zone blocking schemes like the high-powered NFL offenses. Smart enough to be an OC too. Ever hear of the movie "Blind Side"? Yeah. He coached Mike at Ole Miss.

Go to a local senior citizen center and he's the guy sucking down tapioca through a straw.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
Hope your football building has large offices. He comes with lots of wallpaper.

Reaction Score

Did Edsall clean house or did those guys leave?

He didn't take anyone with him when he stole off into the night. Can't see him doing that now.

Reaction Score
Our DL coach, who worked for Edsall when he was here, is not going to be part of the UConn staff moving forward. He has a good track record of taking undersized DE's and helping them consistently progress as pass rushers throughout their careers.

Our OL coach, who also worked with Edsall and played a big role in some powerful running games, is the only current coach who will remain with UConn moving forward.

Reaction Score

He didn't take anyone with him when he stole off into the night. Can't see him doing that now.
Good question. I would like to know too. I thought at the time it was very odd that Edsall did not take any of his coaches with him.

Reaction Score
Where is Orlando these days?
I was impressed when I went to one of his presentations at the Nike coaching clinics that are held every year. You could tell he was a good communicator about the LB position and kids would like to play for him. I think he went to Florida International (I believe?) and is now the DC for Utah State.

Reaction Score
Our DL coach, who worked for Edsall when he was here, is not going to be part of the UConn staff moving forward. He has a good track record of taking undersized DE's and helping them consistently progress as pass rushers throughout their careers.

Our OL coach, who also worked with Edsall and played a big role in some powerful running games, is the only current coach who will remain with UConn moving forward.
Merry Christmas RD. Hope all is well.

Reaction Score
Merry Christmas RD. Hope all is well.
Same to you, brother. Life is great. My 7-year old's excitement for Christmas is making me MORE excited than him....I'll have a tougher time falling asleep than him tonight.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
OL coach you say?

We know of a guy who may be looking for work. Genius. Teaches zone blocking schemes like the high-powered NFL offenses. Smart enough to be an OC too. Ever hear of the movie "Blind Side"? Yeah. He coached Mike at Ole Miss.

Go to a local senior citizen center and he's the guy sucking down tapioca through a straw.
Enough with the old man jokes. I got him by 4 years and I don't resemble that. He just had more wallpaper/ego than the rest of us

Reaction Score
Lyndon was also a special teams guy hence our horrible downfall in that area since he left.

Hughes would be good for DL.

Our WR coach was good but he was new blood, not part of Edsall's gang.

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
to answer the question- Hank Hughes was Randy's DL coach and off and on-d coordinator. Scott Lakatos is the CB coach at Georgia and was a great NJ recruiter. Another possibility would be Jon Wholley- who played for Randy and was part of the previous staff. I am not sure other than the aforementioned Todd Orlando, any of the others are available or worthy.

Reaction Score
As a serious answer to the OP, Jon Wholley might be a candidate. Played for FHCRE at UConn & his younger brother Zachary got a full scholarship to play for thw Terps lacrosse team.

Reaction Score

Not sure exactly as there has been some speculation both ways. The DL, Gattusso took the Albany HC position, the OL coach was a Fridge holdover who was well liked but not sure if his contract was simply allowed to expire, and the WR coach is interviewing and expected to get the HC with Morgan St. There is still some unhappiness with Edsall around MD, even though we are now back to bowling, 90% of his two deep returns next year and his kids are starting to graduate. My guess, needs a good showing in the Military Bowl and then a nice season in the BIG. Anything unspectacular and he may be on his last year.

Reaction Score
Not sure exactly as there has been some speculation both ways. The DL, Gattusso took the Albany HC position, the OL coach was a Fridge holdover who was well liked but not sure if his contract was simply allowed to expire, and the WR coach is interviewing and expected to get the HC with Morgan St. There is still some unhappiness with Edsall around MD, even though we are now back to bowling, 90% of his two deep returns next year and his kids are starting to graduate. My guess, needs a good showing in the Military Bowl and then a nice season in the BIG. Anything unspectacular and he may be on his last year.

If he ever gets to double digit wins then it will be his first time.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
Edsall was always good at being unspectacular. Good luck in your bowl game.

Jax Husky

Larry Taylor did nothing wrong
Reaction Score
I wouldnt worry too much about the DL hire, butyou may wantto hire a search commitee that does not include Edsall for the offensive hiring.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom