Hello and "Last time we got thumped?" | The Boneyard

Hello and "Last time we got thumped?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Hello all,

This is my first post, although I have been reading for a number of years.

I actually was at UConn for graduate school before Geno arrived, and attended some men's games in the old Fieldhouse, before the Big East started! I have been watching the women since Maya was a junior.

One thing I think highlights the women's domination is that the women never get "thumped" -- they never lose by say more than 10 and/or are behind most (if not all) of the game. Being "thumped" means we think they were clearly the weaker team that day or in general. (At no point during the game did we think they had a real chance to win.)

Boneyarders -- when was the last time the women got thumped? I assume it was before Maya came. What say you?

Reaction Score
Hello all,

This is my first post, although I have been reading for a number of years.

I actually was at UConn for graduate school before Geno arrived, and attended some men's games in the old Fieldhouse, before the Big East started! I have been watching the women since Maya was a junior.

One thing I think highlights the women's domination is that the women never get "thumped" -- they never lose by say more than 10 and/or are behind most (if not all) of the game. Being "thumped" means we think they were clearly the weaker team that day or in general. (At no point during the game did we think they had a real chance to win.)

Boneyarders -- when was the last time the women got thumped? I assume it was before Maya came. What say you?

I'm sure there were some bad losses back in the Dark Ages of UConn basketball (pre-Geno). Some of you slightly older than me fans might have better knowlege of the early 90s and before.

There have been a few 11-12 point losses to Stanford. LSU in the 2007 tournament was 23 points (the game that finally got Tina to try hard and become Tina the next year). Notre Dame in 2001 was 15 (after being up 16 at half :( ). Otherwise it's usually 2-4 points.

Anyone else?

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Well the last +10 point loss was to ND on 2/27/2012 at the XL 72-59 - I think that was a game we never really challenged - down by 10 with five minutes left and never getting closer.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Last time i recall was that UNC game...... maybe the 2007 season

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
77-54 dec 2005. In Hartford (ouch!)
The Tar Heels got an ovation from the UConn fans. They were very good and contended for the national championship in the spring. Kalana Greene was pretty much the only UConn player who could compete with the athlete heels. Probably our least competitive game in 20 years.

BTW, welcome 82!

Reaction Score
Ok I think I found the answer. 73-50 vs lsu to end the 2007 season. That one was hard to watch.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Ok I think I found the answer. 73-50 vs lsu to end the 2007 season. That one was hard to watch.
Tina posted the article and pics of that game in her locker to motivate her. Big Syl outplayed her badly, and Tina's shoulder required surgery. The odd thing about that game was that LSU shot way over their heads, but didn't come close to replicating it in the next round.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom