Hello 0-12 | The Boneyard

Hello 0-12

Status
Not open for further replies.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
I don't know who we could possibly beat at this point...

Would we even be good enough to meet P's ultimate goal? Win the Connecticut High School State Football Championship?

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
I do hope we beat Temple, at least.

I hope we beat everyone left on the schedule. I just can't say I'm confident I can see a win anywhere.

Reaction Score
Well, we'll get a new staff at least. Get Weist out, he's terrible.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
We will beat Temple and Memphis

I wanna believe this but USF is worse than both those teams and we lost to them, at home, when they were playing without a few key starters. I don't think we'll beat Temple, Memphis will be a similar game to USF

Reaction Score
I don't know who we could possibly beat at this point...

Would we even be good enough to meet P's ultimate goal? Win the Connecticut High School State Football Championship?

This is some awful football, but UConn would win the HS championship in CT even if they had to lay 30 ppg...

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
This is some awful football, but UConn would win the HS championship in CT even if they had to lay 30 ppg...

Because, as I have said for years, CT high school football is awful. UConn needs to aim higher. Much higher.

Reaction Score
Because, as I have said for years, CT high school football is awful. UConn needs to aim higher. Much higher.

What's your point? Its not Jersey or Maryland or anywhere down south, but would you rather we don't go after the Tim Boyle's of the world? Our best chance to get highly ranked recruits is to keep the ones from CT home. I want Arkeel Newsome in a UConn uniform as well.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
What's your point? Its not Jersey or Maryland or anywhere down south, but would you rather we don't go after the Tim Boyle's of the world? Our best chance to get highly ranked recruits is to keep the ones from CT home. I want Arkeel Newsome in a UConn uniform as well.

I agree. I want the one or two legit FBS guys here.

The problem lies with the mentality that UConn needs to do more with in-state recruiting.

No.

They need to try and do more in NJ, Florida, Pennsylvania...

Reaction Score
Well, we'll get a new staff at least. Get Weist out, he's terrible.

I'm not thrilled with him to this point...but i really don't think you can lay it all on him. He's been the coach for 3 weeks. No camp to implement his scheme, missing 2 staff positions right now, and is trying to undo a TON of damage done by PGDL.

Hughes on the other hand....is AWFUL

Reaction Score

The problem lies with the mentality that UConn needs to do more with in-state recruiting.

No.

There's more than one or two legit FBS guys. There are 2 legit NFL guys every year. Thought we've been through this before. Last 5 years, they've had 15 NFL players go.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score

No.

Add Ohio to that list.

Reaction Score
The point about Boyle is an excellent one.

It should be no surprise to the people on this board that the two most talented QBs to play at UConn in the last 20 years both came from Conn. HS.

Reaction Score
Damn, Kevin Carter said Uconn is just a warm-up game for teams this year... Smh!

Reaction Score
I honestly don't see 0-12. Expected the transition in coaching and personnel to be rough but did not expect to be dominated in so many areas today.

My wishful side expects progress to start to show up by game 3 or 4 with the first win. If that doesn't happen then no amount of misery will be a surprise. I hope this is the bottom, but it's just hope and I'm holding on for another week or 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom