OT: Heart is breaking

My youngest leaves for college tomorrow and his brother is already gone. These kids have been my everything for 21 years. By far the toughest time of my life to date. Not sure what can fill the massive void. Not ashamed to admit that is scary as hell. Love these kids so much. So many good memories that are now just memories. This sucks.

Any tidbits of wisdom?

My youngest leaves for college tomorrow and his brother is already gone. These kids have been my everything for 21 years. By far the toughest time of my life to date. Not sure what can fill the massive void. Not ashamed to admit that is scary as hell. Love these kids so much. So many good memories that are now just memories. This sucks.

Any tidbits of wisdom?
Volunteer your time with kids in need or become a big brother.

The best way to overcome feeling down is to give to others

You have done what you could as a parent with children at home. Now your role changes, it's more supportive, providing counsel, love, and money as they experience Life on their own. This is the journey.

Any tidbits of wisdom?
You could do the Chief thing and be the weirdo old guy that hangs out with college students.

Hans Sprungfeld

Too spicy for the Cesspool

Any tidbits of wisdom?
There is wisdom in feeling your feelings.

I’m only 25, so I can’t comment on how it feels to be a parent, but I was a kid who left for school and still loves the mom who raised me. I moved back in for grad school so we’re as close as ever, and I’ll always make sure we’re close.

It sounds like you’ve been a great and loving parent, and I’m sure your kids hope to stay close to you as well. Even though they leave the house, your job as a parent never ends. As Hans referenced, there’s a wisdom in your feelings. It shows that you’ve done a great job of making a family and have loved them with your whole heart. They are lucky for that.

Hope you get through it okay. Don’t know you, but feel free to PM any time if you’re down.

QDOG5

It's great to be here, it's great to be anywhere.

Any tidbits of wisdom?
No wisdom from me. We dropped our fourth and youngest and only daughter off at school today. I held it together until the car ride home with the wife. I mean I broke down sobbing like a baby. The wife said that she never seen me cry like that. She said I was a good dad and it was time for our girl to leave the nest. I told her I wasn't crying because we dropped our daughter off at college. I was crying because we dropped her off at the University of Cincinnati! Suck on that Kobe.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love

Any tidbits of wisdom?
Casual nudity around the house and vodka.

Been there with my two daughters who are now working and becoming meaningful members of society.

There are memories to made at every age. Celebrate their journey and make new memories from their college years.

cohenzone

Old Member
Yeah but it hurts like hell. I guess it is better than wanting them gone. I need to get in shape so I can do the grandkids thing. I imagine that is the next best thing to having a replay button.
Better. No continuing responsibility for discipline You can spoil the hell out of them without guilt.