Hear AAC Commish Mike Aresco talk about UConn MBB future | The Boneyard

Hear AAC Commish Mike Aresco talk about UConn MBB future

Status
Not open for further replies.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
28.30 is the start of the UConn discussion. Nothing interesting, except for throw away blue blood ref men's basketball at 29.40.

Reaction Score
Does he make reference to the Power 6 with a laugh track under it?

Reaction Score
No. Mike Aresco is serious about getting The American to a Power 6 situation. He wants that automatic bowl bid

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Does Aresco know that 'P5' has a meaning beyond a brand name?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Yes. He's promoting his conference.

Why is this so hard for people to understand?

He can promote all he likes.

But the P5 designation has actual meaning in the NCAA since it's shorthand for autonomous - there isn't any actual way to become a P6. Why is that so hard for people to understand?

Keep in mind anyone who wants to mock his promotion can as well.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
He can promote all he likes.

But the P5 designation has actual meaning in the NCAA since it's shorthand for autonomous - there isn't any actual way to become a P6. Why is that so hard for people to understand?

Keep in mind anyone who wants to mock his promotion can as well.

You have a magnificent grasp of the obvious, but it's the man's job to try to advance his conference's interests. And, by association, UConn.

No sense getting your undies in a wad every time he tries - I'm sure he understands the realities of our situation far better than even we do.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
You have a magnificent grasp of the obvious, but it's the man's job to try to advance his conference's interests. And, by association, UConn.

No sense getting your undies in a wad every time he tries - I'm sure he understands the realities of our situation far better than even we do.

Yeah quite a wad that was.

When we sign yet another contract where the league holds all the T-3 rights you can remind us all how he is looking out for UConn's interests by 'association'.

That was also awesome when he brought in two more ugly ducklings like Tulsa and Tulane to have more schools who will vote with the dregs who can't stand on their own.

Helping UConn subsidize a bunch of other programs - we should probably name a building after him.

He did go on a podcast so obscure that the host comes and posts hoping 15 people will download it so his plan must be working like a charm.

Reaction Score
Thank you for the feedback. Some past guests on my podcast have been Bob Ryan, Jeff Goodman from ESPN, Jared Dudley of the Phoenix Suns. Link below you can listen to those shows. Thank you again.

Lights!Camera!Sports! with Mike Gualtieri

Reaction Score
We covet the P5, but my thoughts go to Boston College, Pitt, and Rutgers in MCBB. They have all gotten worse in their power conferences.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
We covet the P5, but my thoughts go to Boston College, Pitt, and Rutgers in MCBB. They have all gotten worse in their power conferences.
But their finances have gotten better, dramatically so. I think we have a better athletic department than any of those schools by a wide margin (particular BC and Rutgers.) I think we are better positioned to thrive in a P5 conference.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
What about us?

What the hell are you guys defending here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom