Heads up on Sunday at 1:00: Kentucky at South Carolina...TV | The Boneyard

Heads up on Sunday at 1:00: Kentucky at South Carolina...TV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
It's on espn2. Our game against SMU is at 3.
I hope a Horde member can track down Lauren Cox and members of MoJeff's family
for a chat during our trip to Texas.

Reaction Score
Hopefully the Jefferson and Cox families will be sitting together.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
I'm super excited about this game as it's looking promising for a full house of 18,000. It's so much more fun as a fan (and I'm sure as a player) when there's a good crowd.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I'm super excited about this game as it's looking promising for a full house of 18,000. It's so much more fun as a fan (and I'm sure as a player) when there's a good crowd.

If the Duke-South Carolina game is on a weekend next year....... I just might drive down to Columbia for the game. Sounds like a fun environment yall guys have developed down there

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
If the Duke-South Carolina game is on a weekend next year.. I just might drive down to Columbia for the game. Sounds like a fun environment yall guys have developed down there

Basketball is my favorite sport and Dawn Staley is absolutely adored by our fans. The first WBB game I attended was when I was in high school and we were ranked number 2 and played Louisiana Tech at number one. Kim Mulkey was Tech's point guard.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
32-29 Kentucky at 2:19 34-29 at 1:18 Love to have Kentucky knock them off, but this is a home game for SC

SC in bonus and 34-31 with Kentucky shooting fouls with 55 seconds.... 36- 31

PS. Does Dawn chew tobacco? Looks like she has a chaw tucked in her right cheek!

Last edited:

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
O'Neill steals and lays one in, Aj'a makes contact with her and she fall on her tail out of bounds. A'ja out of bounds to with the contact. That makes it a no call??

Ugly game. Challenged scoring for both clubs, but more so Kentucky. Think they are toast.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Not gonna lie, but I couldn't be less scared of SC.
Totally agree. A couple of thoughts...

So entertaining to see Staley on the sidelines. At least once they had the camera on her and she dropped * bomb. The one I saw "Am I going to have to f*ing do this all by myself?"

Wilson is going to be really good, as she has a ton of potential, but she's still a freshman. Lazy on offense and defense, when she posts up, she literally stands there with one arm up calling for the ball, but she does have bursts of activity where you can really see her talent and potential.

They have some pesky defenders, but again, their offense is very 2-dimensional. Some decent ball movement, then dump it into the post. Kentucky plays decent defense, but are outclassed.

They may be the #1 team in the rankings, and given the drop off in talent after UCONN, teams who might make the final 4 are wide open, but they are not close to UCONN in talent or execution.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Jim said:
Bad injury to Kentucky player. Feet are not designed to turn in that direction. Both teams visible shaken.

That made me cringe beyond belief

GG

Reaction Score
In terms of the game at SC, it should be close but I believe that we can pull it out. Is it me, or does it seem like the ESPN announcer insulted Stewart a bit by implying that Wilson gets a lot more done in less time. Perhaps that'll motivate Stewie (as if she really needs it). I am looking forward to the 9th.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
In terms of the game at SC, it should be close but I believe that we can pull it out. Is it me, or does it seem like the ESPN announcer insulted Stewart a bit by implying that Wilson gets a lot more done in less time. Perhaps that'll motivate Stewie (as if she really needs it). I am looking forward to the 9th.
That game is at UCONN. We played a terrible first half today, but got it done in the second. The double T on Matthew Mitchell at the end was worth the price of admission. He is such a whiner.

GG

Reaction Score
That game is at UCONN. We played a terrible first half today, but got it done in the second. The double T on Matthew Mitchell at the end was worth the price of admission. He is such a whiner.
I have never been a Mitchell fan. His teams are difficult to watch. They are not the most efficient offensively. Everyone talks up KU's D, but I am less than impressed.

Reaction Score
Upside of Janee Thompson's injury wasn't an open fracture, meaning bones didn't break through the skin, if it is a fracture. But she's out for the season and she's a fair chunk of Kentucky's offense and playing time. Wish her a speedy recovery.

Reaction Score
Upside of Janee Thompson's injury wasn't an open fracture, meaning bones didn't break through the skin, if it is a fracture. But she's out for the season and she's a fair chunk of Kentucky's offense and playing time. Wish her a speedy recovery.

It was reported as a dislocated ankle not a broken ankle.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Only 17,156 in attendance today.... thats disappointing :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads