Head's Up >> New Basketball Gameday Traffic Patterns | The Boneyard

Head's Up >> New Basketball Gameday Traffic Patterns

Reaction Score
New Basketball Gameday Traffic Patterns

>>The University of Connecticut has announced new traffic patterns for home men's and women's basketball games at Gampel Pavilion for the 2018-19 season. The changes have been made to improve the traffic flow and mitigate the effects related to the construction of new athletics facilities on Jim Calhoun Way.

The biggest impact will be for those who park in the North and South Parking garages – both for game-day customers and faculty, staff and students who use them on a day-to-day basis, including basketball gamedays.

All game-day parking and traffic adjustments will begin 90 minutes to tipoff and continue through the postgame period.<<

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
Absolute disaster getting to Gampel tonight.

Why because the new pattern doesn't work or it cuts down the amount of backwash to get to the Gamp?

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
Absolute disaster getting to Gampel tonight.
Any suggestions to take or avoid for next Thursday’s opening night.,

Reaction Score
Seems like it’s mainky just a pain if you park in the garage, particularly south garage (which is where I park). This is because you can’t go in the back way by the hockey arena since the road is blocked off by Werth. Therefore, every single person that is going to a garage is funneled through campus. I guess a workaround would be to cut through hilltop apartments, which is actually how they made us leave south garage. Kinda weird though to funnel 100s of cars through a college apartment complex’s parking lot on a Friday night though.

Reaction Score
I guess a workaround would be to cut through hilltop apartments, which is actually how they made us leave south garage. Kinda weird though to funnel 100s of cars through a college apartment complex’s parking lot on a Friday night though.

That was their exit plan for South garage parkers from the start (from the link above):

>>GAME-DAY CUSTOMERS DEPARTURE INFO: There are two options. The first is taking a left onto Jim Calhoun Way, a right onto Alumni Drive and a left through the Hilltop Apartment Complex. Signs will then direct traffic to Separatist Road for points south and west. Note that vehicles will not be allowed to enter campus through the Hilltop Apartment Complex for game-day parking. This bypass will only be available postgame.

Customers can also take a left onto Jim Calhoun Way, a right onto Alumni Drive, a left onto Hillside Road and then straight onto Discovery Drive or left onto North Eagleville Road to exit campus for points north and east <<

Reaction Score
That was their exit plan for South garage parkers from the start (from the link above):

>>GAME-DAY CUSTOMERS DEPARTURE INFO: There are two options. The first is taking a left onto Jim Calhoun Way, a right onto Alumni Drive and a left through the Hilltop Apartment Complex. Signs will then direct traffic to Separatist Road for points south and west. Note that vehicles will not be allowed to enter campus through the Hilltop Apartment Complex for game-day parking. This bypass will only be available postgame.

Customers can also take a left onto Jim Calhoun Way, a right onto Alumni Drive, a left onto Hillside Road and then straight onto Discovery Drive or left onto North Eagleville Road to exit campus for points north and east <<
Gotcha, it didn’t seem like the 2nd option was available for us as the cop was standing in the middle of the road waving everyone through hilltop apartments but had I read this earlier I would’ve just bypassed him and gone straight through to Hillside

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom