HEADS UP: another superb production | The Boneyard

HEADS UP: another superb production

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
"UOCNN '95: Birth of a Dynasty" This very moving documentary on the club which eventually provided our first national championship banner is extremely well done, right down to the music. You can find it on SNY, where it appeared a few nights ago (though I've not yet seen anyone else reference it; thus this "heads up")

The show does a great job of providing insights into the construction of the basketball program's early, and amazingly durable, foundations constructed by Coach A. and CD....insights into both the youthful and the later personalities of the players and the grit and outlooks of coaches and players alike....insights into the vast differences between the UCONN of '95 and the UCONN of today....and even very touching insights into why so many of us think of the long line of players, including the role players every bit as warmly as the super stars, as "Our Girls" .....and a whole lot more of vibrant interest and value.

Reaction Score
This program has also been put on the uconnhuskygames.com website with all the games that have been made available. Hope everybody had a great time at Thanksgiving.

Shorty Dee

Number 1 UConn fan
Reaction Score
Also if you haven't already, watch Geno's Legacy featuring Rebecca and Jennifer. I have both saved on my DVR.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
The little tidbit that has stuck the most with me out of this production is Geno at 10 AM with the covers over his head not wanting to get up because with the championship win nothing was ever going to be the same again.

Reaction Score
"UOCNN '95: Birth of a Dynasty" This very moving documentary on the club which eventually provided our first national championship banner is extremely well done, right down to the music. You can find it on SNY, where it appeared a few nights ago (though I've not yet seen anyone else reference it; thus this "heads up")
That's this, right? I think this has been available for nearly a year. Really good!

Reaction Score
The little tidbit that has stuck the most with me out of this production is Geno at 10 AM with the covers over his head not wanting to get up because with the championship win nothing was ever going to be the same again.

ROCK>....yup, that tibbit was at once humorous, touching, and prescient. You must have been a helluva shot, as you never seem to miss the mark.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
ROCK>....yup, that tibbit was at once humorous, touching, and prescient. You must have been a helluva shot, as you never seem to miss the mark.

Said a lot didn't it.

Reaction Score
That's this, right? I think this has been available for nearly a year. Really good!

Hi BAGS: that looks like it is probably the majority of what appeared on SNY after the Dayton game, but the newer version starts out with Geno in shorts gazing out over the campus from a hilltop, mood music playing; without watching your older version all the way thru, I can't tell what any other differences there might be. I do recall now, thanks to your fine reminder, seeing your version back in time and remember finding it exciting. The newer version seems to me to be more "moving" in a sense, but perhaps that is just because of an added year. As with ROCK, you seem to never miss the mark.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom