Headline Writers: Generous With His Genius | The Boneyard

Headline Writers: Generous With His Genius

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
'Generous With His Genius,' Geno Auriemma Welcomes Other Coaches To UConn Basketball Practices

"When he speaks he commands everyone’s attention in the gym,” Fox said. “There’s no excess noise. The level of respect that he commands from his team is certainly warranted, but it’s attention getting when you witness it.”

“I would think that he sets the stage with every young player in a way that allows them to have an attitude the rest of their career that promotes growth and development,” Fox said. “I think he’s very intentional on how he treats his younger players so they’ll develop the mentality for the next three or four years of how hard you have to work, how hard you have to play and how much you need to improve and grow.

“His veterans are unbelievable examples to his younger players and he doesn’t have to spend time with his veterans on the little things that correlate to becoming great. He can spend that time with his younger players. I think there’s no question that the energy levels and examples set by his older players is very evident.”

Last edited by a moderator:

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Keep this in mind when thinking about how critical Geno was of last year's freshmen:

“I think he’s very intentional on how he treats his younger players so they’ll develop the mentality for the next three or four years of how hard you have to work, how hard you have to play and how much you need to improve and grow."

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44
Top Bottom