Headline: BY writes story, Jacobs boots spelling test | The Boneyard

Headline: BY writes story, Jacobs boots spelling test

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
I don't think grammer is all that impotent on a message bored, but you are right, he should be checking before he prints our ideas.

Reaction Score
I don't think grammer is all that impotent on a message bored, but you are right, he should be checking before he prints our ideas.
Well played humor, but were Jacobs' comments on the hiring process and timing accurate? In particular, is it obvious Narduzzi was offered as Jacobs suggests? Or, did the former just realize things were not going to move forward with UCONN?

Reaction Score
Why are people so sensitive with Jeff Jacobs columns. He doesn't wear blue glass all the time, so what? His opinion pieces are normally very good and some of the better reads on UConn Football. I guess my biggest problem with all the Jacob's haters on here is this:

Why shouldn't he read this messege board? This is THE place for all of us diehards, correct? Wouldn't you say he gets the pulse of the program better from us then from anywhere else? Would you like him to hang out in West Hartford Center and see what people think of UConn Football. I'm sorry, I just don't see why people get so upset with him "stealing" stuff from the Boneyard? Where else should he look for how the fans feel?

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
He had more grammatical errors than spelling errors. They have all been edited now. One I recall is that he wanted to "check back in December of 2013". Obviously he meant 2018. Anyway, I am not a Jacobs hater but don't like when any professional does not pay attention to their job. It is the editors in this case and not so much Jacobs. I'm not a overly concerned but as a writer you can't let English slip too far.
I thought it was a decent read but it felt sort of like I was reading a bootlegging of many of these peeps ideas – like he really didn’t feel that way but read about it and reprinted. Usually he writes more genuine. c%d b dat mAbE he wz n a hurry & had 2 go.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I am not a big JJ fan for a lot reasons, but I had no problem with this column.

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
Not a fan of JJ, but he usually gets the down-low dirty info and inside scoop -- during the last couple of years w/ conference realignment he's been the only CT guy going to try to dig up what happened... wish he he would try to dig again to see what he can stir up with FOIA, etc.

But most of his sh * t is anti-UConn and anti-Calhoun, so for that, f em.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom