He Won't Need More Than One Chance | The Boneyard

He Won't Need More Than One Chance

Reaction Score
Screen Shot 2017-12-13 at 12.12.11 AM.png

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I would have liked to see Geno win his 1000th against a tougher matchup. I’m a little disappointed that OK has fallen so much from the time when they were a perennial national power in WBB under Sherri. Not sure what happened in Norman, but the Sooners have really struggled this year.

Reaction Score
Wish this was at Gampel so there could be a little celebration on the home court afterward.
absolutely. of course, most of the undergraduates will be gone for the break anyway, or desperate to study or finish papers. So, while it won't be on home turf (at least it's sort of a home game) it might actually get a bigger crowd than if it had been at Gampel.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
UConn won't need any favors. They will blast Oklahoma.
Unfortunately, this could get ugly for the Sooners. I know Sherri and Geno are friends, but that won’t count for much once the game starts.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
I would have liked to see Geno win his 1000th against a tougher matchup. I’m a little disappointed that OK has fallen so much from the time when they were a perennial national power in WBB under Sherri. Not sure what happened in Norman, but the Sooners have really struggled this year.
They lost the 6'9" player Mulkey? (sp)and 6'4" Treece. I don't know what happened to make them leave.

Reaction Score
Four of their 5 loses have been in road games. There are teams that have padded their record with patsy home opponents. Not all teams come out in Nov playing like it's mid-February. Many coaches look at the OOC season as nothing more than a prep for their conference schedule. Okl. knows that the way RPI is calculated they will only need to finish in the top 4 or 5 in the B12 to get a bid.
I watched them lose at Oregon. One thing they are not afraid of is contact. Pierre-Louis was an immovable force under the glass. And Ortiz can shoot. I don't see UConn having a lot of trouble with them but if I was a 2 or 3 seed I wouldn't want to play them in the 2nd round come March.

Reaction Score
Glad you have tickets for this game---the last second ovations should be historic noise and rallying.
I too doubt his will need any other games to achieve the 1000ths. I do feel sadness for Sherri and happiness that she and her team can participate in this event--I'm sure it was scheduled for that reason. Oklahoma does not match up to Uconn nor are some of their players as talented as the starting UC 7. For at least one half I expect them to make me proud of their Sooner heritage. The Navy sent me to school on campus OU and year later I lived in Yukon (Uconn) Okla and attended classes again.

Reaction Score
Unfortunately, this could get ugly for the Sooners. I know Sherri and Geno are friends, but that won’t count for much once the game starts.
Geno and Doug are the best of friends--what happened with the DePaul? Sherri should , and probably doesn't, expect no less.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Four of their 5 loses have been in road games. There are teams that have padded their record with patsy home opponents. Not all teams come out in Nov playing like it's mid-February. Many coaches look at the OOC season as nothing more than a prep for their conference schedule. Okl. knows that the way RPI is calculated they will only need to finish in the top 4 or 5 in the B12 to get a bid.
I watched them lose at Oregon. One thing they are not afraid of is contact. Pierre-Louis was an immovable force under the glass. And Ortiz can shoot. I don't see UConn having a lot of trouble with them but if I was a 2 or 3 seed I wouldn't want to play them in the 2nd round come March.
You are correct about the road losses, two of which were to very good teams, but they also lost on the road to UALR & San Diego St, not exactly top caliber competition. The Sooners also lost by 19 at home to unranked FL. I’ll be curious to see how they play vs UConn next Tuesday, but I’d be surprised if they keep the MOV under 35, unless Geno clears his bench early.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HungreHu5ky

Top Bottom