He Said, He Said: GA & Walz | The Boneyard

He Said, He Said: GA & Walz

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
"What do I enjoy coaching against him? Watching him lose his mind and complain to the officials on every call," Auriemma said with a laugh. "He gets so animated with the officials. He gets his teams to play hard. They always come up with something. They always have a plan. They always come in with an idea, 'If we do this, we can take this away from Connecticut.' So it's never that they just come out and say, 'Let's go play and see what happens.' We've had some great battles with them. We had some good ones in regular season, the Big East tournament, the NCAA tournament and Final Fours. It's been a great, great run with them."

"The first and most important thing about matching up with UConn is that you've got to be able to score with them," Walz said. "They have six players in double figures. They are so efficient. We're going to have to do that. We're going to have to figure out ways to put the ball in the basket. Then we're going to have to figure out a way to stop them in transition. They run as well as any UConn team that I think he's had. They are very good passers. If you collapse in the post, they kick out for threes. We need to get it into a game where it's 5-on-5 and we're doing everything we can to stop them from scoring in transition."

"We know how talented they are," UConn All-American Gabby Williams said. "We know how hard they work so we're expecting a challenge and we're really excited for it. It will be a good taste of the tournament for us. I think we need this game. You still can't prepare for the Final Four until you have been to the Final Four, but this will help give us a peek at the tournament and how teams are going to play us."

UConn, Louisville renew acquaintances

Reaction Score
I can't wait to see how Louisville does the two things he said they have to do. Hold down U Conns score and fill up the basket.
I just don't see them doing either one. If they do neither, they will lose by 25-30. If they only do one, they will lose by 10-15. If they do both maybe this game will be a close, competitive game. Will be very tough to thread this needle.
I'm pretty sure U Conn will be coming out well prepared and highly motivated for this seemingly last real test before the regional finals, if then.
Bronx23

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
"What do I enjoy coaching against him? Watching him lose his mind and complain to the officials on every call," Auriemma said with a laugh. "He gets so animated with the officials. He gets his teams to play hard. They always come up with something. They always have a plan. They always come in with an idea, 'If we do this, we can take this away from Connecticut.' So it's never that they just come out and say, 'Let's go play and see what happens.' We've had some great battles with them. We had some good ones in regular season, the Big East tournament, the NCAA tournament and Final Fours. It's been a great, great run with them."

"The first and most important thing about matching up with UConn is that you've got to be able to score with them," Walz said. "They have six players in double figures. They are so efficient. We're going to have to do that. We're going to have to figure out ways to put the ball in the basket. Then we're going to have to figure out a way to stop them in transition. They run as well as any UConn team that I think he's had. They are very good passers. If you collapse in the post, they kick out for threes. We need to get it into a game where it's 5-on-5 and we're doing everything we can to stop them from scoring in transition."

"We know how talented they are," UConn All-American Gabby Williams said. "We know how hard they work so we're expecting a challenge and we're really excited for it. It will be a good taste of the tournament for us. I think we need this game. You still can't prepare for the Final Four until you have been to the Final Four, but this will help give us a peek at the tournament and how teams are going to play us."

UConn, Louisville renew acquaintances
Toward the end of Geno's comments on Louisville during the press conference, he mutters under his breath concerning Walz, 'What a piece of work' . Hilarious!

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Is Walz going to try the switcheroo again? Geno said his team was too dumb and fell for it but was saved by Dee Kantner. :D

I assume our fans would help remind our team which side is correct. :D

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom