He may be a blowhard, but he's right on this take. | The Boneyard

He may be a blowhard, but he's right on this take.

Reaction Score
They were promo-d constantly by ESPN and the announcers. All the prime time games on the mothership. Yes they were good but the constant build up and hype helped perpetuate the recruiting. Like having a free advertising budget. Them, North Carolina, Kansas and Kentucky. Women’s fans feel the same way about Geno likely.

Reaction Score
He completely missed the point. ESPN and Vitale made Duke. They gave an unfair advantage to Duke. And Duke didn't deserve it more than anyone else. Duke didn't earn its greatness, it was given to them by ESPN. ESPN was a non-stop hype machine for Duke. That's why people hated them. Not because they were on all the time. Because they were hyped all the time. And that hype brought great players to Duke and the whole thing was self-reinforcing. A vicious 30 year loop at the expense of the rest of college basketball.

Reaction Score
Duke is basically UConn women in terms of the media relationship.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Jay Williams, this morning, just basically admitted Duke has been cheating this whole time.

In comparison, Bird and Taurasi copped to getting free tanning while in school during their simulcast.

Reaction Score
I always liked Dan Patrick. screw puke.
I enjoy listening to Dan Patrick and his guests but last Tuesday was not a good look for his show. I don't believe he even mentioned the WCBB game between UConn and NC State. Instead they talked ad nauseum about Will Smith and Chris Rock for a second day. WGAS.

Back to the story, screw puke. BTW, I enjoyed watching those missed free throws on Saturday.

Here's Coach K's response to Mark William's missed free throws.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Never heard a good word about Patrick either.

Met him a few times. He lives in Milford - used to come into the Orange Starbucks on the weekends when I used to hang out there back in the day. Seemed like a decent enough guy - his wife opened an ice cream shoppe down in Walnut Beach which is excellent. Good people.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
He completely missed the point. ESPN and Vitale made Duke. They gave an unfair advantage to Duke. And Duke didn't deserve it more than anyone else. Duke didn't earn its greatness, it was given to them by ESPN. ESPN was a non-stop hype machine for Duke. That's why people hated them. Not because they were on all the time. Because they were hyped all the time. And that hype brought great players to Duke and the whole thing was self-reinforcing. A vicious 30 year loop at the expense of the rest of college basketball.
Dickie V led the charge. Make no mistake. There were times during a game (not Duke) where he was taking about where K and the wife ate the night before. True story I heard it. How many times has Dookie promote Duke and K during a non Duke game? It was endless. Vitale has done a lot for basketball. However many times his rants were nauseating.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jamie Taco

Top Bottom