HCs with no experience | Page 2 | The Boneyard

HCs with no experience

Reaction Score
I suspect that DT and her family are very happy in AZ. But if she is flexible on location, consider a scenario where Geno gives her a call to let her know he is stepping down and would like her to consider replacing him as HC of the UConn Huskies. I don't know what her answer would be, but she would certainly have to give it some serious consideration.

He would not make that call bc I think he agrees she’s not a good fit for college.

Part of the sale to a prospect is the education, especially in every sport except FB & MCBB. Not sure how good an ambassador D would be given that she was among the least academic students in Geno's career.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
He would not make that call bc I think he agrees she’s not a good fit for college.

Part of the sale to a prospect is the education, especially in every sport except FB & MCBB. Not sure how good an ambassador D would be given that she was among the least academic students in Geno's career.
I don't disagree with your reasoning. My thought is purely about recruiting. DT would have star power as a recruiter. It might mean bringing in a slightly different kind of recruit, and UConn would have to decide if that's a change the school wants to support going forward.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I suspect that DT and her family are very happy in AZ. But if she is flexible on location, consider a scenario where Geno gives her a call to let her know he is stepping down and would like her to consider replacing him as HC of the UConn Huskies. I don't know what her answer would be, but she would certainly have to give it some serious consideration.
Diana et al. live in So. Cal. when she is not playing in the WNBA. She told me that in Tenerife.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
I just don't see Taurasi having the patience and temperament to be a college coach. Bird has those but I don't see either one wanting to live in CT. And with Lobo, who knows, but she has a good job and seems to enjoy being fully involved in her family life. If she were interested I'd swap them. Ralph as the HC and Lobo as her Asst. HC. I think Ralph is going to be a really good one.
I agree. And though there have been exceptions, most legendary players don't make good coaches.

You're hitting on one of the real problems UConn faces when Geno leaves. I've seen it said many times that CD intends to retire when Geno does. Those two might make up the greatest 1-2 coaching punch in American sports history.

I'd feel a lot better about Shea moving up if CD were to stay on a couple of years to ease the transition.

Reaction Score
I agree. And though there have been exceptions, most legendary players don't make good coaches.

You're hitting on one of the real problems UConn faces when Geno leaves. I've seen it said many times that CD intends to retire when Geno does. Those two might make up the greatest 1-2 coaching punch in American sports history.

I'd feel a lot better about Shea moving up if CD were to stay on a couple of years to ease the transition.
Yes, I'd be in no rush to have CD leave, but when she did, I feel like Lobo has the knowledge and temperament to provide the same type of support.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom