HCBD on Chaz and AJ | The Boneyard

HCBD on Chaz and AJ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Not sure if you can catch the interview on the web (I posted a link to the site below), but Coach Diaco really impressed Chaz and AJ and the crew. At one point during the interview, Coach quoted a country song and Chaz called Coach a "Quoting Machine." One of the women on air said "she was inspired" by the interview. I love that the coach is going on air to talk about our football team, especially with one of the more popular morning shows in CT. Eventually, I hope he can go on Boomer and Carton or Mike Francesca show (I'll take Joe and Evan too).

http://www.wplr.com/chaz-aj/2014/09/03/uconn-football-coach-bob-diaco-on-show

Reaction Score
Funny that they switched to WDRC this week. How old is that interview?

Reaction Score
This is a really smart thing to do. If we can start to put some wins together Coach will take full advantage with his energy and personality. Imagine the last guy trying this.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Not sure if you can catch the interview on the web (I posted a link to the site below), but Coach Diaco really impressed Chaz and AJ and the crew. At one point during the interview, Coach quoted a country song and Chaz called Coach a "Quoting Machine." One of the women on air said "she was inspired" by the interview. I love that the coach is going on air to talk about our football team, especially with one of the more popular morning shows in CT. Eventually, I hope he can go on Boomer and Carton or Mike Francesca show (I'll take Joe and Evan too).

http://www.wplr.com/chaz-aj/2014/09/03/uconn-football-coach-bob-diaco-on-show
This is what he has to do. Going on the Coach's Show or Sports Night on WTIC1080 alone isn't going to cut it. The people listening to 1080 at 6:00 or Nanos and Dibble already follow the team and go to games. Diaco has to reach out to the casual fan...The ones who listen to music radio on the car ride. He needs to hit Chazz and AJ, 104.1, the new station at 106.9 (Christians have money, it's green, and they watch football too), even go over the boarder and hit up 102.1, then he needs to hit up a few stations coming out of Stamford.

Reaction Score
Boomer and Carton will NEVER have Diaco on. They both despise UCONN. When the men's basketball team went on their magical run, they talked about then for 10 seconds. Carton said "who cares, I don't like them." Totally unprofessional. But he's a Syracuse grad and Boomer is a Maryland grad and a huge BC fan.

Reaction Score
Boomer and Carton will NEVER have Diaco on. They both despise UCONN. When the men's basketball team went on their magical run, they talked about then for 10 seconds. Carton said "who cares, I don't like them." Totally unprofessional. But he's a Syracuse grad and Boomer is a Maryland grad and a huge BC fan.
That's true. They don't really talk about sports outside of NY anyways. Actually, they don't know much about college football or college basketball. When March Madness is going on, they never talk about it either-I always tune into Mike and Mike during that special time of year. Hopefully, the CT ESPN radio station (97.9) can pick him up once in a while too.

Reaction Score
This is what he has to do. Going on the Coach's Show or Sports Night on WTIC1080 alone isn't going to cut it. The people listening to 1080 at 6:00 or Nanos and Dibble already follow the team and go to games. Diaco has to reach out to the casual fan...The ones who listen to music radio on the car ride. He needs to hit Chazz and AJ, 104.1, the new station at 106.9 (Christians have money, it's green, and they watch football too), even go over the boarder and hit up 102.1, then he needs to hit up a few stations coming out of Stamford.

I'd add the pop stations (101.3, 95.7) and even the hip hop station (93.7). Especially 93.7. A lot of folks who listen to hip hop are super into sports, and there's no competition for rooting interests in CT, college football-wise. And the football games are definitely affordable for a variety of demographics, unlike, say, an NFL game.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
I'd add the pop stations (101.3, 95.7) and even the hip hop station (93.7). Especially 93.7. A lot of folks who listen to hip hop are super into sports, and there's no competition for rooting interests in CT, college football-wise. And the football games are definitely affordable for a variety of demographics, unlike, say, an NFL game.
Yeah, from time to time UConn football and bball get mentioned on 93.7, not even including DJ Joey Franchise. I think they also have a presence at HS football games, so they're plugged into the younger generation.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
105.9 as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek