HBO UConn Behind the Scenes Airs March 1st | The Boneyard

HBO UConn Behind the Scenes Airs March 1st

Reaction Score
Can't wait to see this and i'm glad its on hbo so its uncut.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
This could be a lot of fun. :D

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
And it's about ?$#@%! time! By the way, break up the the Patriots, they are obviously holding back the game.

JordyG

Reaction Score
Looking forward to all the 'that was uncalled for' and 'mean' Geno threads. lol
Me too. Oh! The joy of it! I'm in pre-heaven.

JordyG

Reaction Score
I'm not Catholic, but isn't that Purgatory?
Purgatory is for those Catholic's that die while remaining unabsolved for sins which are not mortal sins. Different from Limbo, for those who die without being absolved for original sin, such as babies. I'm in a living rhapsodic state of preparation for heaven.

Reaction Score
They've still lost 2 Super Bowls when they were overwhelming favorites. How many teams can say that.

Reaction Score
They've still lost 2 Super Bowls when they were overwhelming favorites. How many teams can say that.
I try to resist getting into a you-know-what kicking discussion about football and especially the Patriots, but this logic always shocks me. It's like saying (before Sunday) that Montana was the greater QB because he was 4-0 in superbowls while Brady was "just" 4-2. It's a completely bizarre reasoning that gets you there. It actually gives credit to Montana for failing to win as many conference championships as Brady has.

Fact is, that the superbowl is a single game, not best out of 7, where outlying crazy plays can get normalized over the space of multiple games. Stuff happens; heavily favored teams on any given Sunday get upset.

The trick is to give yourself as many opportunities over as many years to win as many one-off single games as possible. That's the only way to normalize against injuries, dumb ref calls, and balls bouncing in odd directions on any given Sunday.

The Patriots have been to 7 superbowls in 15 years. Given free agency, the salary cap, the Patriots always drafting at the bottom of the order, and (now I'm tipping my New England fan cap) an empty-suit commissioner who occasionally puts his hand on the table, what the Patriots have done, as Geno has said many times, is simply incredible.

Reaction Score
It's like saying (before Sunday) that Montana was the greater QB because he was 4-0 in superbowls while Brady was "just" 4-2. It's a completely bizarre reasoning that gets you there.
By your logic Pat Summitt would be a better coach than Geno because she played in 13 NC games (8-5), while Geno has "only" been to 11 (11-0).Head bang :rolleyes:;):eek:

Reaction Score
By your logic Pat Summitt would be a better coach than Geno because she played in 13 NC games (8-5), while Geno has "only" been to 11 (11-0).Head bang :rolleyes:;):eek:
That's not my logic; that's your sloppy reasoning. Geno won MORE NCs than did Pat but Montana hadn't won more superbowls than did Brady.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom