Hays: On big stage, Stewart again delivers | The Boneyard

Hays: On big stage, Stewart again delivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
"If Stewie becomes a much better ball handler, like really can catch the ball and go anywhere she wants with it whenever she wants," Auriemma said, "I think there will be no guarding her ever -- on any level."

LINK

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Scary... for the rest of WCBB.

Connecticut associate head coach Chris Dailey acknowledged there isn't another player like Stewart in the college game, not with that particular combination of size and skills. But not even an hour after the nets came down, the coach had a simple promise. Stewart was going to spend a lot of time this offseason playing one-on-one or three-on-three. She might be a better athlete than some of the former Connecticut stars who poured into the locker room after the game -- she is in some ways the embodiment of the sport's athletic growth during the time in which Connecticut won nine championships. But she can be a better basketball player.

It wasn't news to Stewart.

"It's just getting even more comfortable with defenses being all up on me, pressuring me," Stewart said. "Especially coming up from the pinch post and going out to the wing and just becoming comfortable with the ball in my hands initially instead of just catching it and shooting it."

So even as the rest of the country tries to figure out what it's supposed to do with Stewart, she is already prepping for a third act.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
Carl Adamec with an expanded quote:

“I think if Stewie really works at it, and I think she will, if she becomes a much better ballhandler, like she can catch the ball and really go anywhere with it that she wants, I think there will be no guarding her ever, on any level,” Auriemma said. “Right now she is kind of a catch-and-shoot player either in the post or on the perimeter. But once she gets to where she just gets the ball and she just goes wherever she wants … If Stewie adds that to her game, then it’s over. Then there is no guarding her no matter what.”

Reaction Score
If anyone ever questions that Stewart is the best player in WCBB, feast your eyes on these two images, then imagine. Really Muffet? Really?

dunk_t607.jpg

i

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members