Hawley Armory zwei Gampel | The Boneyard

Hawley Armory zwei Gampel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
1915 hoolahoops; Does history repeat itself & why?

cheerleader nomenclature: Flora, Luella, Bertha, Josephine, Edna, Helen, Dorothy, Myrtle, Ethel, Cora-Mon Dieu

das matrix: Jan 8 New Hamp State Clg lost 27-15

Jan 23 Dean Academy lost 21`-19

Feb 13 Gamma Kappa Phi lost 23-21

Feb 27 Bristol A. A. won 25-21

Mar 12 Yale 2nd string lost 26-16

The basketball season, while not a success from the point of view of scores, certainly has proved beyond a doubt that we have the material for an excellent team. The team was handicapped by lack of a place to play or to practice in as Hawley Armory was not finished until the last two games were played. Manager Seggel expected that the armory floor would be finished in time to allow a large portion of the games to be home games, but, as it was not, he found it exceedingly difficult to arrange a good schedule. Lacking practice and not being familiar with a large regulation basketball court floor, our team certainly made a fine showing. It can be truthfully said that there was not a single game that we lost in which a victory for our opponents was assured until the final whistle blew. Next year, with a physical director and our fine armory floor it is expected that we shall have an exceptionally good team and that a long schedule will be secured. Mon Dieu

team motto: do not be afraid to look on the bright side of things-the glare won't hurt your eyes

roster: 5 playas + une mgr

Some things never change.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
GREAT History lesson
Thanks

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
If I understand correctly, the lack of a suitable regulation basketball floor in the original Hawley Armory is being used as an analogy for our tattered and torn Gampel roof being renovated. If I am correct, I'm beginning to scare myself at the thought of accurately interpreting Chap's messages.

My only question is whether Gamma Kappa Phi was a fraternity or sorority/Mon Dieu to you/ ;)

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
My grandmother had good friends named Cora, Flora, Edna and Myrtle AND her name was/is Ethel
Hmmmm - makes me wonder...............................

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
1915 hoolahoops; Does history repeat itself & why?

cheerleader nomenclature: Flora, Luella, Bertha, Josephine, Edna, Helen, Dorothy, Myrtle, Ethel, Cora-Mon Dieu

das matrix: Jan 8 New Hamp State Clg lost 27-15

Jan 23 Dean Academy lost 21`-19

Feb 13 Gamma Kappa Phi lost 23-21

Feb 27 Bristol A. A. won 25-21

Mar 12 Yale 2nd string lost 26-16

The basketball season, while not a success from the point of view of scores, certainly has proved beyond a doubt that we have the material for an excellent team. The team was handicapped by lack of a place to play or to practice in as Hawley Armory was not finished until the last two games were played. Manager Seggel expected that the armory floor would be finished in time to allow a large portion of the games to be home games, but, as it was not, he found it exceedingly difficult to arrange a good schedule. Lacking practice and not being familiar with a large regulation basketball court floor, our team certainly made a fine showing. It can be truthfully said that there was not a single game that we lost in which a victory for our opponents was assured until the final whistle blew. Next year, with a physical director and our fine armory floor it is expected that we shall have an exceptionally good team and that a long schedule will be secured. Mon Dieu

team motto: do not be afraid to look on the bright side of things-the glare won't hurt your eyes

roster: 5 playas + une mgr

Some things never change.

You switched to English but are now coming from different times! I like it and welcome back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HungreHu5ky

Top Bottom