hawkins was cam whitmore’s toughest guard

Reaction Score
Whitmore trailing foul
IMG_1208.gif

Media timeout in the huddle

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
He’s got the tools to be a really good pro. But he dropped because he had a relatively bad season in college and bad interviews and workouts pre draft

Reaction Score
He’s got the tools to be a really good pro. But he dropped because he had a relatively bad season in college and bad interviews and workouts pre draft
Have to admit I didn’t see what the hype was about when I saw him in college, but he was coming off an injury. Since he bought into the Big East, I’m behind him.

Hope he kills it in the pros. (specially after all the draft night cameras on him each time he dropped further in the draft)

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
Have to admit I didn’t see what the hype was about when I saw him in college, but he was coming off an injury. Since he bought into the Big East, I’m behind him.

Hope he kills it in the pros. (specially after all the draft night cameras on him each time he dropped further in the draft)
I think he will be very good . Definitely not rooting against such.

Reaction Score
No one wants to run around all game after a guy like Hawkins. His nonstop motor and knows how to use screens/picks. I wonder how much of an impact the alumni had on him.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

There are guys better equipped for the NBA than college and he's probably one of them. 6'6" 235 with a 40 inch vertical (combine measurements rounding up on height) and the ability to shoot and handle the ball doesn't come around that often. He's young and should improve his skills and shooting. Physically he's switchable on D and can guard 1-4. That's valuable.

Falling probably helped him. Perhaps he has a chip on his shoulder and is motivated. Give him Sanogo's work ethic and he's probably a top 5-6 pick.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Nothing against Whitmore, wish him well and hope he is as good as he is capable of being in the pros.

That being said, I don't see him possessing anything special. Never got the the hype watching him play.

Reaction Score
I get why Whitmore was projected to go so high. He's a 6'7 super strong freak athlete. That build is very valuable in the NBA. He was an okay shooter, is pretty raw on dribbling, and is mostly a straight line drive slasher, so NBA scouts will definitely see the potential to work on those while banking on his athleticism making him a viable player in the meantime

Makes it even better that he answered Hawkins for that question. Strong/physical/big wings should be exactly the type of player that can frustrate Hawkins by bumping him off his path and making it hard for him to get his shot off. Just a testament to how locked in Hawkins was to the game plan this year

Reaction Score
I get why Whitmore was projected to go so high. He's a 6'7 super strong freak athlete. That build is very valuable in the NBA. He was an okay shooter, is pretty raw on dribbling, and is mostly a straight line drive slasher, so NBA scouts will definitely see the potential to work on those while banking on his athleticism making him a viable player in the meantime

Makes it even better that he answered Hawkins for that question. Strong/physical/big wings should be exactly the type of player that can frustrate Hawkins by bumping him off his path and making it hard for him to get his shot off. Just a testament to how locked in Hawkins was to the game plan this year
The thing about Hawkins is that he's so quick and he literally never stops moving. A lot of players either can't (or don't want to) expend that much energy on the defensive side of the ball for 40 minutes.

Hawk does need to put on some weight though. Let him hangout with Zion for a couple months and he'll beef up in no time

Reaction Score
I think I'm paraphrasing Sam Vencenie but he basically said that players who fit Whitmore's physical profile always make an impact. When he said it, I thought that can't be true but then I started thinking of all the busts and they are almost always tall skinny guys. It also made think of Anthony Edwards' physical profile who I really doubted as the first pick and I was 100% wrong.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom