Hawk stock rising | The Boneyard

Hawk stock rising

Reaction Score
If he keeps playing the way he has of late, then he might play even himself into the lottery. He has the skills, and he's putting it all together. I'm feeling more optimistic about our future this season knowing that he's blossoming into a legitimate star.

Reaction Score
This is a tough draft to go in... 2023 is DEEP. I still see him as

#22 (My favorite mock, personally)

I wouldn't be surprised if he keeps drawing fouls and playing well, if he could push his way into the low 20s or teens consistently.

This was the big question on Hawkins per the Athletic: "The big question is whether he can handle the ball and attack closeouts regularly while also making solid reads as a passer off these actions."

I would say he's doing MUCH better attacking closeouts the last few weeks. I don't think his passing is there still... so I would expect a small bump in his stock.

Regardless, unless he totally blows his workouts with NBA teams... he has to go and get his bread.

Reaction Score
Hawkins has a next level and that is being able to dominate a game by imposing his will. He is not there yet. Brandon Miller for Alabama as a freshman has this in him and Hawkins is a level or so behind, however making up ground. A UCONN parallel would be Caron Butler's sophomore season who damn near got us to the final four eventually losing to Maryland who won it all that year, 2002.

Reaction Score
Most of those mock drafts are based on college performance. NBA teams are more concerned with potential than performance. My guess is the teams have him rated higher. Of course, a good showing during a deep tournament run would not hurt.

Whether he makes the lottery will depend heavily on his individual workout with teams after the season.

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
I watch a good amount of college basketball… I don’t recall seeing many shooters that also have his size and athleticism. He already has the stroke, and has the tools to develop the rest of his game (handle, NBA level D, rebounding and passing).

Might be my blue tinted glasses, but I think he’ll be a lottery pick after this season (probably in the 9-12 range). Feels like a “sleeper” pick that “shocks” a lot of draft board “experts”.

Reaction Score
If he can get his FG% up to about 45% and keep his 3 pt % around 40-42%, late lottery should be a strong possibility. He may be higher if he flashed playmaking ability.

Reaction Score
Hawkins has a next level and that is being able to dominate a game by imposing his will. He is not there yet. Brandon Miller for Alabama as a freshman has this in him and Hawkins is a level or so behind, however making up ground. A UCONN parallel would be Caron Butler's sophomore season who damn near got us to the final four eventually losing to Maryland who won it all that year, 2002.
That game was a heartbreaker.

Reaction Score
Shooting and offense have always been elite.. Rounding out his game with his D/boards/improved passing.. I have seen noticeable growth in his self-belief and leadership skills this year.. More vocal in huddles.. Has to be attractive to NBA GMs along with the rest of the package.. He's peaking at the right time for himself and the team. Can see some epic games coming soon..

Reaction Score
His lack of handle/creation will keep him out of the top 10. If he keeps playing like this he could get to end of lottery or mid 1st, but it's likely he'll have a few worse shooting games and settle in the 15-25 range.

There are a number of taller and 3&D shooters in that range (Jett Howard, Gradey Dick, Maxwell Lewis, Brice Sensabaugh, Kris Murray, Taylor Hendricks).

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
The one he had on the break where he caught it on the right wing while getting his feet set- catch, turn, set, shoot all in one fuid motion is a literal money shot.

Trying to clip a You Tube video for first time.

Reaction Score
True shot. Plus athleticism. Plays D hard. What's not to love?

Reaction Score
16.6 PPG and 4.0 RPG on 42/40/86% shooting splits. On HIGH three point volume. That's great
Take out the Stonehill game and he's at 17.4 PPG on 40.7% 3P.

If he keeps up his season-long production, he'll be a first round pick. If he keeps up his last 5 games production (23.6 PPG, 5.2 RPG on 43% 3P, 92% FT), he's a guaranteed lottery pick. It's a bit unrealistic to expect that, but that's just a testament to how great he's been the last few weeks.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
Hawkins has a next level and that is being able to dominate a game by imposing his will. He is not there yet. Brandon Miller for Alabama as a freshman has this in him and Hawkins is a level or so behind, however making up ground.

I believe this is all accurate, but the ground he’s making up is incredibly fast. Going to be an interesting close to this season for him. He’s made a quantum leap just since new years, and he was already having a good season.

Also I love Brandon Miller. Great player.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom