Have You Noticed This Too, Or | The Boneyard

Have You Noticed This Too, Or

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
The inverse relationship between schools with big time football and men's basketball and chat on women's basketball fan boards at those schools? For example, Aubrey's verbal to UConn drew 5 posts from 4 posters on Walz's World. They have several other boards with "women's" areas ..... zippo. Baylor is a bit of an exception, with some serious discussions and posting volume.

And, though sporatically the board lights up, much the same phenomenon at Muffet's Bench.

This despite these programs being top notch and drawing well at home and the road.

To me it's a head scratcher.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Baylor during the season has a very active board, same with ND and TN, but I think the boneyard is the exception in that it maintains a high level of activity throughout the year, none of the others do.

SC, Louisville, and a few other schools have mild activity during the season for WCBB, but as far as I have seen nothing at all comparable.

Reaction Score
The inverse relationship between schools with big time football and men's basketball and chat on women's basketball fan boards at those schools? For example, Aubrey's verbal to UConn drew 5 posts from 4 posters on Walz's World. They have several other boards with "women's" areas ..... zippo. Baylor is a bit of an exception, with some serious discussions and posting volume.

And, though sporatically the board lights up, much the same phenomenon at Muffet's Bench.

This despite these programs being top notch and drawing well at home and the road.

To me it's a head scratcher.
Allow me if you will to have 2 view points:

1. Uconn has hysterically been a Basketball school.\
2. Even in the old Yankee Conf the Men have attracted attention and since Connecticut cannot seem to get and KEEP any pro team--it's the only game in the state (and now the College Men and Women's games in the state.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Allow me if you will to have 2 view points:

1. Uconn has hysterically been a Basketball school.\
2. Even in the old Yankee Conf the Men have attracted attention and since Connecticut cannot seem to get and KEEP any pro team--it's the only game in the state (and now the College Men and Women's games in the state.

Yeah, but the women's teams I'm talking about have strong support and very good attendance, just not much activity in the fan board department.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
Interesting thing about SC’s board. A lot of the fans that post on CockyTalk are “converts”... CockyTalk is very much a football message board, but with the rise of our WBB program a lot of football fans/men’s basketball fans have gradually made their way over to the women’s boards. So most of our fans on CockyTalk aren’t diehard year round fans... a few are, but most aren’t. That’s why the activity ebbs and flows. In season, posting is high. But the activity on CockyTalk is very recruiting focused. In season, you see more WBB topic threads but during the off-season it’s 90% recruiting talk.

NOW, where Gamecock WBB fans are very active is on Twitter. I know this because I run one of the fan accounts and our WBB fans are very active year round on twitter/social media. A lot of that is because our players and Dawn especially are VERY active on twitter and Instagram.. in a way that most coaches at the upper echelon of WBB aren’t. So as much as I wish our fans would congregate on CockyTalk, our fans don’t really need a place like the Boneyard because we have more access to our teams and players via twitter/insta. We interact with one another directly in those spaces. For example, this past summer before leaving for USAB, Dawn would go live for an hour everyday on instagram. During her live broadcasts we’d see the team, see them after summer workouts, we’d see alumni that were in town etc. Not a lot of other coaches are doing that.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Interesting thing about SC’s board. A lot of the fans that post on CockyTalk are “converts”... CockyTalk is very much a football message board, but with the rise of our WBB program a lot of football fans/men’s basketball fans have gradually made their way over to the women’s boards. So most of our fans on CockyTalk aren’t diehard year round fans... a few are, but most aren’t. That’s why the activity ebbs and flows. In season, posting is high. But the activity on CockyTalk is very recruiting focused. In season, you see more WBB topic threads but during the off-season it’s 90% recruiting talk.

NOW, where Gamecock WBB fans are very active is on Twitter. I know this because I run one of the fan accounts and our WBB fans are very active year round on twitter/social media. A lot of that is because our players and Dawn especially are VERY active on twitter and Instagram.. in a way that most coaches at the upper echelon of WBB aren’t. So as much as I wish our fans would congregate on CockyTalk, our fans don’t really need a place like the Boneyard because we have more access to our teams and players via twitter/insta. We interact with one another directly in those spaces. For example, this past summer before leaving for USAB, Dawn would go live for an hour everyday on instagram. During her live broadcasts we’d see the team, see them after summer workouts, we’d see alumni that were in town etc. Not a lot of other coaches are doing that.
college coaches on Twitter is a sticky situation... but I agree Dawn and Aja are very active on Twitter

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom