Have to beat USF | The Boneyard

Have to beat USF

Status
Not open for further replies.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
USF is putrid. They got dismantled at home but a NCSU team that describing as mediocre would be generous.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
I certainly hope whatever "preseason" Diaco has or hasn't been operating under is over come Friday night.

The team looked far better than the putrid performance against Stony Brook.- but make no mistake we cannot win committing critical turnovers like we did today.

Maybe I'm crazy but today felt like a highly winnable game despite the outcome. I'm happy we improved but these are games we have to start winning to make a statement UConn football is back .

Friday night on ESPN/2 should be a start.

Reaction Score
First road game. Could be hot and humid.
Do they have a mobile QB? If so that could be a tall order.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
First road game. Could be hot and humid.
Do they have a mobile QB? If so that could be a tall order.

Well NC State beat them in Tampa 49-17. So maybe skip the pre-excuses.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Absolutely have to come back home 2-2 for our game against Temple. Stay on bowl game schedule.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Let us see what the line is for the game. After all, they just do it for a living.

Yes I'm sure people can't wait to back USF as a favorite. Maybe the week they draw RHAM.

Reaction Score
Hey Whaler, knock it off or I'm sending Tom Hammon over to your door. :)

Reaction Score
Yes I'm sure people can't wait to back USF as a favorite. Maybe the week they draw RHAM.

At least you now agree we will probably be an underdog, that's all I'm saying. I would be impressed if we won this game and I wouldn't think it was a given. We still have alot to shore up, and we always have trouble on the road.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
At least you now agree we will probably be an underdog, that's all I'm saying. I would be impressed if we won this game and I wouldn't think it was a given. We still have alot to shore up, and we always have trouble on the road.

I imagine the line will settle a couple of points. USF is so bad that no one should lose to them.

Reaction Score
I imagine the line will settle a couple of points. USF is so bad that no one should lose to them.

I think they gave Maryland a good game. Bottom line, I hope you are right.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

Yeah maybe you are right. It's a bit much to consider beating a team that actually has a worse record since 2010 coming off a loss to an NCSU team that can barely get past FCS teams.

Reaction Score

They gave Maryland a close game, because Maryland let them. MD turned it over 6 times (2 INT, 7 fumbles 4 lost) and USF only scored 17. Not a sign of a good team. This is a game we should and must win

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
UConn looked like a real football team today. Beating USF would be a nice next step in the program's improvement.

Reaction Score
Yeah maybe you are right. It's a bit much to consider beating a team that actually has a worse record since 2010 coming off a loss to an NCSU team that can barely get past FCS teams.

you do know we barely beat a bad FCS team at home last week, no?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
you do know we barely beat a bad FCS team at home last week, no?

I didn't realize that. Does it look better when Bryant beats Maine?

Reaction Score

It is a bit much consider where we are right now. We have a shot but you knows? Won't win fumbling the ball away in the 1ST QTR, a happy feet QB, and an OL line not opening holes. Or changing QB's during drives. I don't know what to expect. We still don't move the ball and score enough points to expect a win on the road against many teams right now.

I'll be watching for many things. One will be if our cheerleaders are in Tampa. I've had to listen to so many sanctimonious diatribes hearing how the fans need to support the team and buy tickets and stay in their seats and all that. True. But Boise, BYU, Stony Brook brought their cheerleaders to the RENT. I expect to see ours down in Tampa if we really do take football seriously. We have a history of having a bare empty sideline supporting our team for road games. That better change.

Reaction Score
I want a pissed off team showing up in Tampa next Friday night. Guys like Jones, Pruitt, McBryde and Davis have been through enough "nice try" games. Go out there, make plays and get the win. No excuses. We are good enough, now go do it!

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
It is a bit much consider where we are right now. We have a shot but you knows? Won't win fumbling the ball away in the 1ST QTR, a happy feet QB, and an OL line not opening holes. Or changing QB's during drives. I don't know what to expect. We still don't move the ball and score enough points to expect a win on the road against many teams right now.

I'll be watching for many things. One will be if our cheerleaders are in Tampa. I've had to listen to so many sanctimonious diatribes hearing how the fans need to support the team and buy tickets and stay in their seats and all that. True. But Boise, BYU, Stony Brook brought their cheerleaders to the RENT. I expect to see ours down in Tampa if we really do take football seriously. We have a history of having a bare empty sideline supporting our team for road games. That better change.

A rare after midnight valid point on the Boneyard. Well done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom