Hate when refs swallow whistles at end of game. | The Boneyard

Hate when refs swallow whistles at end of game.

Reaction Score
Vital had a ton of turnovers... granted. But how is it a flagrant to hook elbows underneath going for a rebound and a no call when the defender hooks arms with the dribbler?

Reaction Score
I don’t have a problem with the no-call there. Vital dribbled into traffic without a plan and got himself tangled up. You’re seldom going to get get a whistle to bail you out on a play like that - at any point in a game.

Reaction Score
I wish refs called everything a foul for us, but I don't necessarily like 4 hour games either.

Reaction Score
I totally agree bc they sure as hell was on top of it in the beginning of the game.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
I don’t have a problem with the no-call there. Vital dribbled into traffic without a plan and got himself tangled up. You’re seldom going to get get a whistle to bail you out on a play like that - at any point in a game.
Gilbert is also at fault for that. You would think after years of playing you learn not to dribble between 3 players on the way to the hoop.

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
Hard to complain about refs when the turnover differential was so drastic.
I agree with your sentiment. Waaaaay too many turnovers was our ultimate downfall. But the away from the ball foul call on Akok was a bit of a killer. We needed what was in this game our all around most impactful player on the floor. There was absolutely nothing there and had zero to do with the play.

Reaction Score
I agree with your sentiment. Waaaaay too many turnovers was our ultimate downfall. But the away from the ball foul call on Akok was a bit of a killer. We needed what was in this game our all around most impactful player on the floor. There was absolutely nothing there and had zero to do with the play.
Agreed, but just to be clear (and I don't think you're disputing this), it was a blatantly obvious and legit foul if we're talking about this third.

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
Agreed, but just to be clear (and I don't think you're disputing this), it was a blatantly obvious and legit foul if we're talking about this third.
I don't think it was a foul. His hands were on him, but I didn't see it as a hold. Players are always in contact with other players. I don't think the announcer with Vitale thought it was a foul either.
As I've said in some other thread, refs in all sports seem to be getting worse. Love watching the Pats lose, but those were some bad calls in their game. Also saw bad calls against the Texans. Are the games getting too fast for the officials?

Reaction Score
I don't think it was a foul. His hands were on him, but I didn't see it as a hold. Players are always in contact with other players. I don't think the announcer with Vitale thought it was a foul either.
As I've said in some other thread, refs in all sports seem to be getting worse. Love watching the Pats lose, but those were some bad calls in their game. Also saw bad calls against the Texans. Are the games getting too fast for the officials?
He had both arms wrapped around his man. He will get called on that every single time. He also got away with a pretty blatant foul on a rebound a few possessions before. It was a stupid foul but it was a foul.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom