Hate to say it, but GO TEMPLE | The Boneyard

Hate to say it, but GO TEMPLE

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
I feel like mowing some serious acreage - bad!

Temple was robbed on that fair catch non sense - Larry Taylor rule!

Reaction Score
The coach you shilled for lost out on all talent.

He probably has matured but I recall there were some academic and behavioral issues. UCONN'S academic criteria has been stricter than Temple's. We ran into same issue with Montreal Dobbs. I also hated losing Tyler Matekevich (from my H.S. alma mater, St. Joe's) to Temple. That one was on coach P.

Hudl -- Isaiah Wright 6'2, 218 WR/DB

2011-12 - Named 1st-Team CHSCA All-State as a freshman. Helped lead Holy Cross (Wtby, CT) to a Class S State Championship (34-27 over Cromwell).
2012-13 - Suspended from Holy Cross football team in week 7 of sophomore season, for an in-school incident. Did not return to football action the remainder of the season. Showed very well at the Super 7 Showcase that summer. Enrolled at Kingswood-Oxford.
2013-14 - Repeated his sophomore year at Kingswood-Oxford. Had 1307 yards (team leading 1118 receiving) of total offense, 16 total TDs (11 receiving, 1 rushing, 4 TDs on special teams). Recorded 40 tackles, 2 INTs.

Regardless of the reason, I hate watching CT talent beat us, especially when it is a local rivalry.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
He probably has matured but I recall there we're some academic and behavioral issues. UCONN'S academic criteria has been stricter than Temple's. We ran into same issue with Montreal Dobbs. I also hated losing Tyler Matekevich (from my H.S. alma mater, St. Joe's) to Temple. That one was on coach P.

Hudl -- Isaiah Wright 6'2, 218 WR/DB

2011-12 - Named 1st-Team CHSCA All-State as a freshman. Helped lead Holy Cross (Wtby, CT) to a Class S State Championship (34-27 over Cromwell).
2012-13 - Suspended from Holy Cross football team in week 7 of sophomore season, for an in-school incident. Did not return to football action the remainder of the season. Showed very well at the Super 7 Showcase that summer. Enrolled at Kingswood-Oxford.
2013-14 - Repeated his sophomore year at Kingswood-Oxford. Had 1307 yards (team leading 1118 receiving) of total offense, 16 total TDs (11 receiving, 1 rushing, 4 TDs on special teams). Recorded 40 tackles, 2 INTs.

Regardless of the reason, I hate watching CT talent beat us, especially when it is a local rivalry.

UConn actually beat Temple this year...

Reaction Score
UConn actually beat Temple this year...

I know and that was great. It was before the QB change to "Juice". It just seems like Temple has more talent overall. Bigger, faster players. I think the higher academic requirements come into play. Many teams in the AAC are easier to get into than UCONN.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I know and that was great. It was before the QB change to "Juice". It just seems like Temple has more talent overall. Bigger, faster players. I think the higher academic requirements come into play. Many teams in the AAC are easier to get into than UCONN.

Temple is better than UConn because of Bob Diaco.

You don’t need any other excuse.

Reaction Score
UConn is better than Temple despite Bob Diaco.

Consider what that means. We survived 3 years of the worst head coach in the history of college football....and we're still better than Temple...
We should drop football!!!!! It is such an albratross!!!!!!! Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!

Reaction Score
If a 1-10 team beats a 10-1 team, it doesn't mean that the 1-10 team is better than the 10-1 team and that rule generally applies to this comparison. Body of work determines superiority, not a particular game.

Reaction Score
UConn is better than Temple despite Bob Diaco.

Consider what that means. We survived 3 years of the worst head coach in the history of college football....and we're still better than Temple...
We were better that day. That’s all.

Reaction Score
My perspective ...

We won big over Temple. When Matt Ruhle left for Baylor and they hired Geoff Collins ... then we trashed Diaco and brought in HCRE it was a massive shift tectonics.

From here on, we will Be Dominant.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
One thing that has also changed is that urban campuses are loosing their stigma as part of the national urban renewal trend for downtown living. Temple is not viewed as negatively as 20 years ago for its urban setting. Like a lot of cities, philly center city area has really improved and that’s good momentum for Temple.

Reaction Score
One thing that has also changed is that urban campuses are loosing their stigma as part of the national urban renewal trend for downtown living. Temple is not viewed as negatively as 20 years ago for its urban setting. Like a lot of cities, philly center city area has really improved and that’s good momentum for Temple.

You are absolutely right.

However ... that segment of Broad Street is Still dangerous and somewhat scary. The football facility looks plopped in the middle of the Wire.

Reaction Score
We were better than them that day on their home field. That's all. And that's all that matters, too...
I'd trade that win for a bowl game this year (because it means at least 6-6 rather than 3-9).

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
If a 1-10 team beats a 10-1 team, it doesn't mean that the 1-10 team is better than the 10-1 team and that rule generally applies to this comparison. Body of work determines superiority, not a particular game.
images

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Speaking of Temple... CT native QB Marchi transferring out.

I'm too lazy to look, but I thought he was already a senior....what does he have, one year of eligibility left?

Reaction Score
I'm too lazy to look, but I thought he was already a senior....what does he have, one year of eligibility left?

He was a ?2014 recruit and just finished his RS Soph year. - he has two years as he indicated.

Reaction Score
Hope Randy and company reaches out to Marchi, he was pretty solid at Temple.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom