Hatchell is denied win #1001 | The Boneyard

Hatchell is denied win #1001

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
... in an epic 4th-quarter meltdown.

UNC was up by 14 after 3Q, but was outscored 33-8 by Mercer in 4Q.

upload_2017-12-28_13-0-44.png

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
I watched the game on ESPN3. Mercer just throttled them in the 4th.

Was watching NC State ship Virginia Tech in a game I thought may be closer.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I had no interest in this game beforehand.... now looks like I will be watching the replay later tonight :D:D:D

Plebe

Reaction Score
I had no interest in this game beforehand.... now looks like I will be watching the replay later tonight :D:D:D
Ha, I'd certainly like to see that 4th quarter.

Plebe

Reaction Score
That's a brutal loss. Suddenly I'm less concerned about the lack of attention when she won 1000.
It really never bothered me because of North Carolina's ridiculously soft and home-heavy OOC schedule that allowed her to limp across the finish line just hours ahead of Geno.

Also, if UNC wanted more attention for win #1000, they could've arranged for a broadcast partner to air their games from Myrtle Beach.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Next up is FSU so 1001 will probably wait until BC

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
I guess that means that Cheat Hatchell will never pass Geno in wins ever again. She plays again this Sunday at 11:00 AM, while Geno plays at 1:30 PM. So even if she wins she will only tie Geno until they play against Memphis.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Don't know what happened, but Mercer outscored NC 33 - 8 in the 4th quarter.

Reaction Score
As a former Mercer basketball player, I figured today was a good day for my very first post after years of reading the Boneyard. Susie Gardner, former UGA basketball player has been quietly building a solid mid major program. They are presently number 10 in the mid major poll.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
As a former Mercer basketball player, I figured today was a good day for my very first post after years of reading the Boneyard. Susie Gardner, former UGA basketball player has been quietly building a solid mid major program. They are presently number 10 in the mid major poll.

dancbear.gif

Those bears were dancing in Chapel Hill today........

I thank them for putting some joy in the hearts of Blue Devil and Wolfpack WCBB fans.

Plebe

Reaction Score
I watched some of this game, including all of the 4th quarter.

It was really an amazing comeback, very entertaining to watch. UNC was up by 16 with 9:00 to play. They still had a 13-point lead at 7:50, but then a rather stupid technical foul on a UNC player for knocking the ball away after a made basket seemed to set the waterfall in motion. Suddenly Mercer could hardly miss, and UNC couldn't hit the broad side of a barn.

Kahlia Lawrence of Mercer, two-time SoCon player of the year, is the real deal. She finished with 39 points and 13 rebounds.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score

Welcome! Mercer was a pretty good team back in the days of the AIAW (70s and 80s). As I'm sure you know, Mercer once had a very good player named Cindy Brogdon. She played for USA Basketball in the 1976 Olympics in Montreal and her roommate was a player named Pat Head. Amazingly, she ended up transferring to Tennessee.

Reaction Score
Welcome! Mercer was a pretty good team back in the days of the AIAW (70s and 80s). As I'm sure you know, Mercer once had a very good player named Cindy Brogdon. She played for USA Basketball in the 1976 Olympics in Montreal and her roommate was a player named Pat Head. Amazingly, she ended up transferring to Tennessee.
Thank you for the Mercer props. Yes, I'm very aware of the Mercer Teddybear history. I'm class of 84. Yep, Cindy Brogdon could light you up from the time line.

Reaction Score
I watched some of this game, including all of the 4th quarter.

It was really an amazing comeback, very entertaining to watch. UNC was up by 16 with 9:00 to play. They still had a 13-point lead at 7:50, but then a rather stupid technical foul on a UNC player for knocking the ball away after a made basket seemed to set the waterfall in motion. Suddenly Mercer could hardly miss, and UNC couldn't hit the broad side of a barn.

Kahlia Lawrence of Mercer, two-time SoCon player of the year, is the real deal. She finished with 39 points and 13 rebounds.
You are right about Kahlia...she can play.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HungreHu5ky

Top Bottom