Hassan Diarra and DeMarr Langford | The Boneyard

Hassan Diarra and DeMarr Langford

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pgh2Storrs

In Hurley We Trust
Reaction Score
I really like Diarra. Tough kid, defends the hell out of his position, and seems like he really came on as a scorer this year.

Wordbomar

"Walker on McGee with four.."
Reaction Score
As somebody who has watched 15+ PSA games this year, Diarra is the guy we want between the two. He is a tough, hard nosed point guard who makes "winning plays". Always wants the ball at the end of a game, and has a knack for coming up with the big play when needed. He is not a great shooter, but neither is Langford. Would be happy to get either of them, but at this point I feel like Hassan would be my pick of the two.

Also as a side note, I will have to find the video but recently he made a comment about how he would love to play with his brother in college. We will see what happens, but got to imagine this bodes well for us.

EDIT:

Here it is, go to 1:00.

Two basketball players from CT prep school playing for Texas Tech

Last edited:
Reaction Score
There is also a good reason why Hurley is not forcing Mamadou out of our program even though he has been injured. Hasn’t really been discussed here, but the staff really likes Hassan and has a great pipeline with PSA that they don’t want to burn.

Reaction Score
As somebody who has watched 15+ PSA games this year, Diarra is the guy we want between the two. He is a tough, hard nosed point guard who makes "winning plays". Always wants the ball at the end of a game, and has a knack for coming up with the big play when needed. He is not a great shooter, but neither is Langford. Would be happy to get either of them, but at this point I feel like Hassan would be my pick of the two.

Also as a side note, I will have to find the video but recently he made a comment about how he would love to play with his brother in college. We will see what happens, but got to imagine this bodes well for us.

EDIT:

Here it is, go to 1:00.

Two basketball players from CT prep school playing for Texas Tech
Do we want a point guard who can't really shoot it? We never have trouble getting top guards.

Reaction Score
There is also a good reason why Hurley is not forcing Mamadou out of our program even though he has been injured. Hasn’t really been discussed here, but the staff really likes Hassan and has a great pipeline with PSA that they don’t want to burn.
It's not about forcing him out. He literally can't play basketball anymore. Get him some sort of academic scholarship but he shouldn't be taking up a basketball scholarship anymore.

Reaction Score
It's not about forcing him out. He literally can't play basketball anymore. Get him some sort of academic scholarship but he shouldn't be taking up a basketball scholarship anymore.
Can you switch from scholarship athlete to scholarship student and be a walk on? I'd sign up for that...

Reaction Score
Do we want a point guard who can't really shoot it? We never have trouble getting top guards.
We'll see how he shoots in the EYBL for PSA. We haven't even offered yet, so it's not like this is an imminent decision for us to make. His shot is better than Langford's from what I've seen. I'd ballpark him at around 35% from 3. He's also a good rebounder and defender. If he was a knockdown 3 point shooter he'd be the complete package.

Reaction Score
I liked Langford's comment, "hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard". Think 2014 but also true, to a lesser degree, with the 2011 team.

Wordbomar

"Walker on McGee with four.."
Reaction Score

You keep saying this over and over again, but my PSA buddies have insisted that he is going to play next season and the year after. So I’m not sure if you’re just making this up or guessing, but it is not fact.

Reaction Score
From what I’ve heard, the staff is expecting he’ll play next year.
They expected him to play last year. I've heard they're trying to get him on an academic scholarship.

Reaction Score
They expected him to play last year. I've heard they're trying to get him on an academic scholarship.
He's never going to be a pro, but he has a great attitude and if he ever wants to get into coaching this could actually be a good thing for his career

Reaction Score
I’d take both of these guys. Diarra especially looks legit, I think he’s been listed as 6’3 or 6’4, which is tall for a PG. Langford’s shot needs work but he’s a great rebounder for a guard, and scores well

Reaction Score

This is exactly one reason why you don't "force" a kid out who doesn't want to leave. You burn the bridge with the HS coach, the AAU program etc. It's also used against you by other schools.

(I'm sure someone will disagree with this despite almost every program in the country acting in this manner)

Reaction Score
This is exactly one reason why you don't "force" a kid out who doesn't want to leave. You burn the bridge with the HS coach, the AAU program etc. It's also used against you by other schools.

(I'm sure someone will disagree with this despite almost every program in the country acting in this manner)
Kids do get forced out all the time, though.

Reaction Score
Can you switch from scholarship athlete to scholarship student and be a walk on? I'd sign up for that...

Theoretically I think you can but you still count as a recruited scholarship player, so your team cannot add an additional athletic scholarship.

Reaction Score

This is one reason. Another reason IMO is that Diarra is good enough to get minutes when he’s fully healthy. He just hasn’t been in two years.

Reaction Score
Theoretically I think you can but you still count as a recruited scholarship player, so your team cannot add an additional athletic scholarship.
Im pretty sure the scholarship spot opens as long as the player is no longer on the roster

Reaction Score
He "literally" can't play basketball anymore.
I'm not sure what is more exasperating - the fact that this sort of hysteria even gets posted or the fact that the hysteria is well-liked, as measured by the "like" button.
Yeesh.
What can a Keyboard Warrior possibly know about this kid's medical condition? Or what all the moving parts are in recruitment?
Double Yeesh.

Reaction Score
Im pretty sure the scholarship spot opens as long as the player is no longer on the roster

He was asking about if Diarra walked on, which I assume would mean continue to play? If he does not play, the schollie definitely opens up.

Reaction Score
He was asking about if Diarra walked on, which I assume would mean continue to play? If he does not play, the schollie definitely opens up.
Sorry, you were correct. I missed that part

Reaction Score
He "literally" can't play basketball anymore.
I'm not sure what is more exasperating - the fact that this sort of hysteria even gets posted or the fact that the hysteria is well-liked, as measured by the "like" button.
Yeesh.
What can a Keyboard Warrior possibly know about this kid's medical condition? Or what all the moving parts are in recruitment?
Double Yeesh.

He can't play basketball anymore because of his knee. I don't think that's been a well-kept secret on the 'yard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom