Has UConn ruled out spring football? | The Boneyard

Has UConn ruled out spring football?

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
If I missed it in the threads....my apologies.

Obviously a lot to has to happen with the virus for this to be possible, but if it was possible...would UConn try to make it happen? Or...has the decision been made to shut it down until next fall?

Reaction Score
I just don't see how a spring football season would work. How could you have a spring 2021 season and then have a full fall 2021 season? Players can't do that. And, isn't it better to (hopefully) maintain kids eligibility? And, it's unlikely that any NFL draft eligible kid is going to play a spring season.

I think the next real question to be answered is will scholarship counts be increased for the 2021 season for the schools that didn't play this fall? I can see the schools opting to not play say yes and the schools opting to play saying no.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
I think the next real question to be answered is will scholarship counts be increased for the 2021 season for the schools that didn't play this fall? I can see the schools opting to not play say yes and the schools opting to play saying no.

FYI - scholarship expansion and extra year seem to be on deck for a ruling this month.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
I just don't see how a spring football season would work. How could you have a spring 2021 season and then have a full fall 2021 season? Players can't do that. And, isn't it better to (hopefully) maintain kids eligibility? And, it's unlikely that any NFL draft eligible kid is going to play a spring season.

I agree. It seems too difficult to pull off. But...there are leagues working on plans to make it work. I think both the B1G and P12 were looking at it.

Reaction Score
If I missed it in the threads....my apologies.

Obviously a lot to has to happen with the virus for this to be possible, but if it was possible...would UConn try to make it happen? Or...has the decision been made to shut it down until next fall?
They are already looking at next year. This article will explain but getting my email on what I want to do with my already purchased tickets yesterday closes the door to a spring season. If there was a shred of thought about playing in the spring that would have been put off. Four options and playing in the spring was not one of them.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom