Has UCONN offered a schollie to Chong? | The Boneyard

Has UCONN offered a schollie to Chong?

Status
Not open for further replies.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
i read it in another thread that Huskynan posted it on her web page - that Chong has offers from "UConn, Louisville, Maryland, Miami, Ohio State, Rutgers, Syracuse".

That was actually news to me. I would have thought we would have seen a little more hoopla on the BY when that factoid was made public... I wonder why there wasn't an article about it from the horde. anyone know when we offered her? i checked the net and couldn't really find any articles on her...

Side note - good luck to her in the USA U17 trials. it will be a great chance for her to see how she stacks up against the elite of her age group...

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Yeah - I hadn't seen anything specific to an offer being made, but since Uconn cannot comment, all that info has to come from the player and her family. Sometimes they talk, sometimes they don't. Often the quote comes from an AAU or HS coach, but that also has to originate with the player. Chong in general has not generated a ton of press coverage so I am not that surprised not to have 'official' confirmation.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
FWIW, Chong is invited to the U18 try-outs, not the U17.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Yeah - I hadn't seen anything specific to an offer being made, but since Uconn cannot comment, all that info has to come from the player and her family. Sometimes they talk, sometimes they don't. Often the quote comes from an AAU or HS coach, but that also has to originate with the player. Chong in general has not generated a ton of press coverage so I am not that surprised not to have 'official' confirmation.
makes sense, but still i woulda thought there'd be more of a write up by someone on the hoarde... they somehow figured out that McCall had an offer and she lives 3,000 miles away!

So we have offers out to Linnae Harper, Erica McCall and Saniya Chong. I think i'll make a sign for them... ;)

Reaction Score
makes sense, but still i woulda thought there'd be more of a write up by someone on the hoarde... they somehow figured out that McCall had an offer and she lives 3,000 miles away!

So we have offers out to Linnae Harper, Erica McCall and Saniya Chong. I think i'll make a sign for them... ;)

LOL!

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Katie Meier may be coaching Saniya, but Geno has a better gig this summer.

U

UCONNfan1

going to be interesting. i wonder who actually leads for her or who she favors?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom