Has UCONN disrespected its opponents because it never lets them win? Are we a win-bully? | The Boneyard

Has UCONN disrespected its opponents because it never lets them win? Are we a win-bully?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
UCONN is undefeated, standing at 8-0. I'm worried that schools that UCONN has played thus far might have felt disrespected, some having lost in blowouts, others in nail-biters.

But is UCONN not showing the proper respect by never allowing some of the other school's players, family, students, alumni and fans the joy of winning?

Is UCONN a win-hog?
Is it a win-bully?

Should a committee of self-flagellating boneyarders be formed to explore this delicate issue? Maybe bring in an outsider or two, like Mark Emmert, Gary Williams, Pete Thamel or Jeff Goodman to chair the committee?

Maybe start slow. Charge the committee with something like investigating this clapping when the other team misses a shot thing. Are we that disrespectful that we should take joy in other's misfortunes?

Is Kevin Ollie setting UCONN up for a 60 Minutes special? Or dare I say, Outside the Lines? Is that what we want as a community? Is that who we are? Is this what we have become? The time for introspection has past, the need for change is now.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
The weekend is starting early for you I see.

Reaction Score
Yesssssss. Never thought it would happen, but I found a politically correct fan before I died. Thought they didn't exist, but now I'm proven wrong.

Reaction Score
WINNING close games does not build a lot of love from those teams. They are more emotional losses then a blow out by far. Thankfully we are a basketball team and not a fan club.

Reaction Score
UCONN is undefeated, standing at 8-0. I'm worried that schools that UCONN has played thus far might have felt disrespected, some having lost in blowouts, others in nail-biters.

But is UCONN not showing the proper respect by never allowing some of the other school's players, family, students, alumni and fans the joy of winning?

Is UCONN a win-hog?
Is it a win-bully?

Should a committee of self-flagellating boneyarders be formed to explore this delicate issue? Maybe bring in an outsider or two, like Mark Emmert, Gary Williams, Pete Thamel or Jeff Goodman to chair the committee?

Maybe start slow. Charge the committee with something like investigating this clapping when the other team misses a shot thing. Are we that disrespectful that we should take joy in other's misfortunes?

Is Kevin Ollie setting UCONN up for a 60 Minutes special? Or dare I say, Outside the Lines? Is that what we want as a community? Is that who we are? Is this what we have become? The time for introspection has past, the need for change is now.

TROPHIES FOR EVERYONE!! EVEN BC!!!

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
Dove was the consummate professional and gentleman. Stayed out of shape and ended up being ruled academically ineligible. All of this was done in order to let other teams win. He was our saving grace.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom