Has the Blaze strategy made its way to football? | The Boneyard

Has the Blaze strategy made its way to football?

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
....and yes I know this isn’t the blaze being referred to in the basketball boards

C

Chief00

What do you say @Chief00

Chief already posted this in the 2020 recruiting thread. Hope this helps. It’s all good.

Chief will do a deep dive:
Millennials want to be special and have their own identity. When they go to Blaze Pizza they basically custom order their own individually designed, unique pizza. The experience treats them how they want to be treated.
Baby Boomers who compare the pizza quality to New Haven parlors miss the point. The pizza is fine at Blaze but it’s the experience of designing your own that’s the true recruiting appeal.

In short, millennials like to feel special and do a selfie with the pizza they designed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
Chief already posted this in the 2020 recruiting thread. Hope this helps. It’s all good.

Millennials want to be special and have their own identity. When they go to Blaze Pizza they basically custom order their own individually designed, unique pizza. The experience treats them how they want to be treated.
Baby Boomers who compare the pizza quality to New Haven parlors miss the point. The pizza is fine at Blaze but it’s the experience of designing your own that’s the true recruiting appeal.

In short, millennials like to feel special and do a selfie with the pizza they designed.
Lol no wonder it didn't work for Ollie

C

Chief00

excuse me, what?

In case you missed watching the Super Bowl, marketing is focused on millennials not baby boomers. We all know the last millennial was born in 1996 and they are ages 23 to 38 but that was the World that formed the reference points for the younger Generation Z.
Get with the times!

Reaction Score
In case you missed watching the Super Bowl, marketing is focused on millennials not baby boomers. We all know the last millennial was born in 1996 and they are ages 23 to 38 but that was the World that formed the reference points for the younger Generation Z.
Get with the times!
Maybe I misunderstand what you're trying to say. Are you claiming that the Blaze Strategy™ was designed for millennials, and even though the recruits aren't millennials, it's still a good strategy because millenials are the target market demographic for companies and advertisers?

C

Chief00

Yes, Generation Z is living in a Millenial World when it comes to trends. Chief is not trying to diminish anyone’s self importance - but advertisers generally don’t target Generation Z. They have little disposable income. The target is the Millenials today. Well run restraurants are tailoring their decor, menus and ambiance to that group and Generation Z is influenced by all these factors. The advertising Generation Z is consuming is focused on Millenials - so it has a significant impact.

Chief has lots to do today, so I won’t be able to promptly re-explain this again for awhile. I hope you understand. Eventually it will come together for you. The switch will go on.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
Yes, Generation X is living in a Millenial World when it comes to trends. Chief is not trying to diminish anyone’s self importance - but advertisers generally don’t target Generation X. They have little disposable income. The target is the Millenials today. Well run restraurants are tailoring their decor, menus and ambiance to that group and Generation X is influenced by all these factors. The advertising Generation X is consuming is focused on Millenials - so it has a significant impact.

Chief has lots to do today, so I won’t be able to promptly re-explain this again for awhile. I hope you understand. Eventually it will come together for you. The switch will go on.
Well it seems like a poor decision for a coaching staff to cater to the wrong generation just because advertisers do. But what do I know.

Reaction Score
Yes, Generation X is living in a Millenial World when it comes to trends. Chief is not trying to diminish anyone’s self importance - but advertisers generally don’t target Generation X. They have little disposable income. The target is the Millenials today. Well run restraurants are tailoring their decor, menus and ambiance to that group and Generation X is influenced by all these factors. The advertising Generation X is consuming is focused on Millenials - so it has a significant impact.

It seems someone needs to explain it to you not the other way around. Gen-X came before millennials.

Last edited:
C

Chief00

It’s seems someone needs to explain it to you not the other way around. Gen-X came before millennials.

I had Z but typed X in error in one post. I corrected that. Thanks. The point remains the same.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score

Do they receive a participation trophy along with their custom designed apizza pie?

C

Chief00

and that other pizza places accept ‘customization’

The customization is a different experience, much more participatory. Similar to Subway, the customer selects the toppings they want at the counter, in essence an interactive experience. The ingredients display behind a glass shield.
I guess all that matters is recruits list it as something they like about their visit.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
The customization is a different experience, much more participatory. Similar to Subway, the customer selects the toppings they want at the counter, in essence an interactive experience. The ingredients display behind a glass shield.
I guess all that matters is recruits list it as something they like about their visit.

its a national chain champ we all know

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom