Has Sterling Gibbs become "The Guy"? | The Boneyard

Has Sterling Gibbs become "The Guy"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
I think he has, but it's hard to tell what will stick with this group. The other players started to make sure that they were getting the ball back to him down the stretch. I think that he is the guy who is showing composure and when he takes the pressure on himself, the rest of them can relax and play. (Shonn Miller made a bunch of big plays as the game wound down and that was huge as well.) We all know that Sterling is not the athlete or PG that we have gotten used to at the 1, but maybe he can steady the ship on an upward trajectory.

What do you think?

Reaction Score
he's the hot hand. Next week it will be someone else. It was Miller, it was Purvis and it was DHAM, maybe it Adams time against Tulane on Tuesday. It would be nice to see him breakout with a 20 plus game.

Reaction Score
I think will know when February rolls around. When Rodney is not in a funk he seems to be the guy, same for DHam. Oh and Miller ain't out of the question either. Perhaps by the end of the month the alpha dog will be settled.

Reaction Score
I think he has, but it's hard to tell what will stick with this group. The other players started to make sure that they were getting the ball back to him down the stretch. I think that he is the guy who is showing composure and when he takes the pressure on himself, the rest of them can relax and play. (Shonn Miller made a bunch of big plays as the game wound down and that was huge as well.) We all know that Sterling is not the athlete or PG that we have gotten used to at the 1, but maybe he can steady the ship on an upward trajectory.

What do you think?

I'm not convinced that he is "the guy" yet, as we've seen inconsistency in his 3 pt shooting and layups. However, I'm unequivocally sure he is "the guy" when we need someone to go to the line down the end of the game stretch.

Reaction Score
He should just work on being a jumpshooter and forget about trying to finish in traffic. I don't think he's finished more than once or twice all year. I like him off the ball and being a Ben Gordon-lite on the wing.

Reaction Score
I think will know when February rolls around. When Rodney is not in a funk he seems to be the guy, same for DHam. Oh and Miller ain't out of the question either. Perhaps by the end of the month the alpha dog will be settled.
Don't think Rodney can ever really be "the guy." He is too talented to be playing as horribly as he has the past couple of games but even when playing well he is too streaky and can't have the ball to close out the game because of his poor ft shooting.

Reaction Score
He should just work on being a jumpshooter and forget about trying to finish in traffic. I don't think he's finished more than once or twice all year. I like him off the ball and being a Ben Gordon-lite on the wing.
That was quite the exaggeration on him finishing.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
So his nic is............."The Guy"
Has a ring to it.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
Rodney's lack of a midrange game and being a mediocre finisher and FT shooter precludes him from being "the guy". He is still a valuable member of the team though and we can't go very far without him.

Reaction Score
Gosh I hope Gibbs becomes "The Guy." If he is our leading scorer, automatic from 3-pt range and defenses have to focus on him, it will make our drive-to-the-basket type players (Purvis, DHam, Adams) that much better.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
To be "the Guy", he needs a more well rounded game- he needs to finish at the rim
I would love to see it but if not would love to see him hit 4-6 3's per game and score at least 15
I think DHam really needs to be "the Guy"
Most importantly UConn needs the top 7 players to ALL be "the Guy" at what they do then no extra burden falls on one set of shoulders

Reaction Score
Get him open on the perimeter and he's "the guy". We don't have a breakdown off the dribble Kemba this year. What we have is 3-4 who can get the job done, whoever has the hot hand. 1o seconds left I don't want DHam to dribble and force the shot, would rather it pass to the most open , not one guy. Eventually I hope it's Jalen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom