Harvard | The Boneyard

Harvard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Looks really good. Going to have to be disciplined defensively.

They might be a top 25 team.

RS9999X

There's no Dark Side .....it's all Dark.
Reaction Score
Making UCF look like a mid-tier C-USA Team

Reaction Score
Hmmm! Funny like we made them look for at least most of the game until the collapse. Yes Harvard is going to be tough game for us but at least we have like 5 days to prepare for them after the Arkansas game.

Reaction Score
It would be fun having a ranked Harvard come into Gampel in two weeks..and help our out of conference resume too

Reaction Score
I was saying Harvard was legit two months ago in the "UConn's first loss of the season" thread, and I was mocked. They are a 6-7 seed in the tournament. Tough, tough team. If UConn wins, it will be a hard-fought battle.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
Does anyone else see the possibility of Harvard becoming the Duke of the north, a top academic and basketball school? If they can lock up their coach long-term and they get a few more good recruiting classes, I think it's possible. They play an attractive, un-Ivy league style of play, that could appeal to top players. I remember seeing a couple top recruits showing Harvard in their list of potential schools and I would have laughed in the past but no longer.

Reaction Score
No chance. They play in a terrible conference and can not offer scholarships.

RS9999X

There's no Dark Side .....it's all Dark.
Reaction Score
Amaker's done a better job of recruiting than I thought. He's getting consistently good players. In the 5th season it all his recruits now. Last year they were an NCAA bubble team and should have gotten an at-large invite

Reaction Score
Amaker's done a better job of recruiting than I thought. He's getting consistently good players. In the 5th season it all his recruits now. Last year they were an NCAA bubble team and should have gotten an at-large invite

Amaker's done a good job recruiting because Harvard has by far the lowest academic standards in the Ivy League for their basketball recruits. Granted his players aren't dumb, but compared to the rest of the student body, it's not even close. It's well known in Ivy League basketball circles that Amaker pressured the administration to admit unqualified (for Harvard's standards) students.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
I've said to my friends since before the season that at some point during this year Harvard will be a ranked team.

Reaction Score
I just noticed UConn really only has two games over the next three weeks because of finals. I hope there are some other good games to keep me entertained.

Reaction Score
I just noticed UConn really only has two games over the next three weeks because of finals. I hope there are some other good games to keep me entertained.

Arkansas should be really fun :)

babysheep

Rocky
Reaction Score
Harvard is going to be the first (and only, for a while) good game at Gampel.

Reaction Score
Amaker's done a good job recruiting because Harvard has by far the lowest academic standards in the Ivy League for their basketball recruits. Granted his players aren't dumb, but compared to the rest of the student body, it's not even close. It's well known in Ivy League basketball circles that Amaker pressured the administration to admit unqualified (for Harvard's standards) students.
That was part of the deal when Amaker took the job. It's paying off now.

Reaction Score
I read somewhere that the Ivy League increased its Academic Index for Student Athletes (minimum SAT Score + GPA/Class Rank) because of Amaker, so this is pretty much Amaker's last hurrah. He won't be able to get many of these kids in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jackruy1

Top Bottom