Hartford Whalers Night: UVM vs UConn - 1/22/16 - 8:30pm | The Boneyard

Hartford Whalers Night: UVM vs UConn - 1/22/16 - 8:30pm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
UVMmhockey1:30pm via TweetDeck
GAMEDAY! CT native Mike Lee and the#VCats are back on the road to face UConn at 8:30 live on NESN, SNY, and MASN
04.jpg

Hamden High (All State 2012)>Gunnery>BCHL>UVM

Reaction Score
I think Ronan just broke his wrist on that blocked shot. Ouch.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Seamless glass plz

Reaction Score
The single strangest goal I have ever seen in hockey at any level and I've watched the game for more years than I care to think about. This was even odder that the BU kid in last year's title game.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
brasssbonanzaa said:
quit stealing my Twitter ideas
I tweeted it first jerkface :p

Reaction Score
I thought the game was at 7. Went to RIT@SHU instead to be one of the 148 who attended that game. Wish I went to this game instead.

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
I was happy with how Creel played. Solid and in control. Awful luck on that fluke goal. Once again Letunov showed his skills. I hate doing it, but I have to agree with something the announcers said (I just hate agreeing with any announcers). UConn was not getting any clean breaks from their defensive end. A lot of times it seemed they were content to just get the puck out of the zone which left UVM in perpetual attack mode. I don't know enough about hockey to say how to fix it, but it would explain being consistently outshot game after game (or so it seems we are).

Reaction Score
Creel was the best player on the ice last night from both teams, it's just too bad our squad was sleep walking (skating) again. We struggle so mightily at times that we can't even execute dumping in the pucks, which is one of the most fundamental plays in the sport.

This team has also developed some very concerning habits like tying the game late, seizing the momentum and ultimately squandering it & the other being letting in 2 goals in succession in virtually every game.

Our Power Play has been the only silver lining in what has been a massively disappointing 2nd season in HE.

Reaction Score
The problem is there are 11 sophomore and junior defensemen and forwards (not including Golonka who left the program) on the team and they provide no offense. No sustained zone pressure, no playmaking, and no goal scoring.

The sophomore and junior classes have a been a big letdown so far.

It is a major problem and going to kill this team down the stretch unless a couple people step up.

It is why I would expect more changes after the season.

Reaction Score
We lost Sharib, Gerling, Tyson and Poe from last season, looking back they were the glue guys and did most of the dirty work for the rest of the team. This season it seems everybody wants to play the same role which is finesse hockey and trying to be cute. Kirtland and Ronan alone won't cut it. They need a couple other guys to sacrifice for the team whether it be Wight, Kalter or Schwartz.

Reaction Score
I agree with that doggpound. I especially like Poe. He just loved to throw himself in front of pucks in the defensive end. I said earlier in the year that I thought this team thought they played wide opened hockey instead of blue collar hockey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom