OT: - Hartford Trip for ECU Game | The Boneyard

OT: Hartford Trip for ECU Game

Pgh2Storrs

In Hurley We Trust
Reaction Score
I want to get to another game this season and, unfortunately, the only fit with my wife and I's schedule is the ECU game on Super Bowl Sunday. The only time I was ever in Hartford when I was in school were for games at XL and a random concert at the Webster, plus this was a solid 15 years ago, so I wanted to see if you all had any recommendations before I set anything in stone.

- I use Hilton when I travel for work, so I was able to get a decent rate at the Hilton next door to XL. Are there any good bars/restaurants in the area?

- Are Uber/Lyft prevalent in the area? I hate renting a car, especially since you never know what you're going to get in terms of weather, but wanted to try to get over to campus on Saturday so would one of those be my best bet?

- It's a 2 o'clock game on Sunday, so are there decent spots around XL for pregame?

Thanks for the help!

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I like Agave Grill's tacos (though they are creeping up in price). Happy Hour at City Steam, they make their own beer and serve good food. Feng for sushi. The Tavern or Vaughn's fill up pre-game.

Reaction Score
Plenty of restaurants around the Hilton. Some of my favorites: Max Downtown, Salute, Agave (Mexican), Sorella (Pizza), Republic at the Linden (this one might be worth the longer walk to, it's my favorite spot in the city).

I'd recommend pre-gaming at Tavern as it's usually pretty poppin' before UConn games. Vaughn's might also be a good option, it's a smaller Irish tap room, good for a post-game beer too.

Yes, Uber/Lyft are super prevalent, I never really have to wait for one.

Reaction Score
If you’re feeling BBQ, Bear’s Smokehouse is one of my favorites.

Reaction Score
You shouldn't have a problem with Uber/Lyft. Both have plenty of drivers available.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom