Hartford Courant Article | The Boneyard

Hartford Courant Article

Reaction Score
UConn athletic department in 2018: generated $40 million in revenue, spent $81 million in expenses - Hartford Courant

This post was blocked the first time I attempted to post it. I do not know why. Its' contents certainly have an impact on conference realignment as in the financial situation in the UCONN athletic department is so dire that something in the next few years must happen one way or the other. Losing 40 million dollars a year can not happen in perpetuity, nor is it ethical to force the taxpayers Conn. or the students to prop up a financial blackhole.

Reaction Score
It wasn’t blocked - it was a fat finger problem in the approval process.

Have @ it - it’s an active discussion on the MBB and Football boards.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
One of my favorite things on here is how differently places work.

MBB and FB boards have a long, interesting discussion on it. Meanwhile the WBB board is head completely in the clouds, unaware.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

MBB and FB boards have a long, interesting discussion on it. Meanwhile the WBB board is head completely in the clouds, unaware.
Of course the fact that they are in the middle of a 1 loss season may contribute that.

#betterthingstotalkabout

Reaction Score

Of course the fact that they are in the middle of a 1 loss season may contribute that.

#betterthingstotalkabout

Plus, how many threads on the same thing do we need around here?

Reaction Score

Maybe we can post this there so that the P5 womens bball fans who visit can sympathize and hurry up our inclusion.

TJT

Reaction Score
I think winning can help reduce the deficits for football and men's basketball some. Football will still however never come close to breaking even as a member of the AAC. Men's basketball success could however help get that program to near break even. What however more can be done financially for women's basketball? It can't be any more successful than it already is. How then can its budget shortfall be closed? Can any more revenue realistically be squeezed from somewhere or is the only option to reduce expenses?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom