Hartford City FC Officially Joins NPSL

Discussion in 'Soccer' started by TheDoggPound, Nov 28, 2016.

1. TheDoggPound

TheDoggPound

2. ZooCougar

ZooCougar

Da_Aisijimo_Gou likes this.
  3. Da_Aisijimo_Gou

Da_Aisijimo_Gou

Now, if "That kid" can work on the cluster mess which is Hartford ... :)

4. ct06111

ct06111

5. Da_Aisijimo_Gou

Da_Aisijimo_Gou

Given Hartford's Director of Development, Sean Fitzpatrick, believes "hundreds of thousands of dollars" in repairs are required to make Dillon Stadium ADA-compliant, some quantitative and qualitative specifics may help create a wee bit of credibility. With no details, Fitzpatrick's comments could reasonably be interpreted as Hartford bluffing or running scared after embarrassing itself with its' Dunkin Donuts/baseball and Dillon Stadium/soccer amateurish cluster pharks.

6. UCFBfan

UCFBfan

It's really bizarre considering the owner has stated everywhere that he will pay for all the improvements on his own. I'm sure there's some more to that reality then stated but why not turn it over to him to prove he'll do it. Make it clear the city/state will give no money and if he pulls it off, then he can rent the stadium. If he can't, he'll need to find somewhere else. Not sure how this would be a major issue for the city.....even if the owner screws up something with his "fixes", the stadium needs repairs no matter what. Not sure what the reservation is from the city

7. Da_Aisijimo_Gou

Da_Aisijimo_Gou

@UCFBfan ... liability as stadium owner?

8. UCFBfan

UCFBfan

True. I guess my point was that the whole thing would need to be checked out and passed with ADA standards no matter what. So if the owner does all he says he will and it passes, wouldn't it get the city off the hook for that? I honestly don't know all the legalities behind any of this.

In the end, it's like I said, it might be too good an offer to really believe and the city would be required to put some money into the project. At this point Hartford is on the brink of bankruptcy and there's no way they can afford to put a penny towards something like this.

9. whaler11

whaler11 Kickoff: 11:11

In all the places I've officiated games... Dillon was probably the worst.

It never felt like a stretch that the bleachers would collapse mid game even though they were empty.

10. ZooCougar

ZooCougar

Or they are just trying to get the Sarwar's to pick up the entire tab.

We're talking about a grass roots, semi-pro 4th division team here. If Hartford doesn't let him play there then he will find a High School to play at just like AC Connecticut and Connecticut FC do.

11. TheDoggPound

TheDoggPound

Aren't they higher if NASL folds/merges?

12. ZooCougar

ZooCougar

Possibly. Officially there isn't a 4th division as far as I know. It wouldn't surprise me if the USSF gave the 3rd div to the USL's PDL.

13. UCFBfan

UCFBfan

And Hartford fail.. ....Hartford FC will be playing at CCSU.....nothing says big time like playing in New Britain at Central. ..... sucks.....

14. Da_Aisijimo_Gou

Da_Aisijimo_Gou

It's Hartford. Got fail? However, if the New Britain team experiences any success there's potential for the owners to shift to Hartford and for more Deepster murder updates. ;)

15. ZooCougar

ZooCougar

16. hardcorehusky

hardcorehusky Randy's back and you're gonna be sorry!!

I like Aaron, but his realities don't always match his dreams. I wish him luck on this venture and hope it works out.

17. Waquoit

Waquoit

I might take in a few games using CTFasTrack.

TheDoggPound likes this.
  18. TheDoggPound

TheDoggPound

Not the biggest soccer fan but I am going to get behind this and buy ST. And while I eventually want the team to move to Dillon the CCSU pitch doesn't look half bad in the interim.

19. Palatine

Palatine

Connecticut is run by idiots, Hartford is just trickle down effect.

20. whaler11

Central's facility is a million times better than Dillon Stadium.

21. TheDoggPound

TheDoggPound

They had $12M set aside to renovate it but I think the ballpark and the cities financial woes scuttled it.

22. whaler11

Why would anyone spend 12 million on that place? So a team backed by the son of a guy who has a restaurant has somewhere to play?

Have any of you been there? I worked plenty of football games there it's an absolute hellhole.

Central is easy to get to, has a ton of parking, is in great shape, has lighting you can actually see under....

Nobody in their right mind is going to Dillion for semi-pro soccer.

hardcorehusky likes this.
  23. Butch

Butch

It's actually kind of surprising that area of Hartford has been as heavily neglected as it has been.

24. whaler11

Hartford got it right. They built out Front Street and the Convention Center and didn't waste a cent on the garbage athletic fields.

25. Waquoit

Waquoit

Dillon is right next to the Colt building, that place has received a ton of attention.

26. Butch

Butch

Now it has, yeah. As well as the other buildings in the area. That was where the Dutch set up a fort before the Puritans took over.

27. ZooCougar

ZooCougar

It looks horrid just from google earth. And you're right. We basically already have two other teams that play at that level in the state in AC Connecticut and Connecticut United FC.

It's kind of a sad commentary on the absurd state of "lower division" soccer in this country. AC Connecticut plays at Western and is in the Premier Development League. Connecticut United FC plays in the American Soccer League and now Hartford City will play in the NPSL.

They are basically all in the same level, competing for players and resources. But in three different leagues that all basically do the same thing. Nice job USSF.

As for Hartford, the lack of vision there and in CT in general is pretty amazing. You really don't even get a scent of ambition. One can travel all over America these days and find commercial/entertainment areas with stores, restaurants and stadia all in one place and connected.

Hartford should stop complaining about the Yard Goats stadium and be happy somebody actually wanted to put a team there.

28. Waquoit

Waquoit

This sounds like an out-of-towner talking. Out of his ass.

29. ZooCougar

ZooCougar

You sound like someone who needs to get out of town more. I love going home, I want to move back this summer. But CT is lacking a lot in certain types of development and rejuvenation.

30. Waquoit

Waquoit

You said Hartford has a lack of vision. The vision is to get more people downtown. In order to do that they have moved two colleges to the downtown area. Encouraged the creation of more living spaces downtown. Developed the riverfront with an amphitheater, walking trails and public art. Built the Science Museum and Convention Center. Created the Front Street entertainment district out of whole cloth. Brought in the Yard Goats. All tied together with a local shuttle and enhanced bus system. I get out of town plenty. And if one came across similar to the Bear's-Infinity Hall combo for a night out elsewhere they would be raving. And here you are dismissing it all with the wave of your hand. That's what got my (yard) goat.

hardcorehusky and ZooCougar like this.