Hartford City FC Officially Joins NPSL | The Boneyard

Hartford City FC Officially Joins NPSL

Reaction Score
Given Hartford's Director of Development, Sean Fitzpatrick, believes "hundreds of thousands of dollars" in repairs are required to make Dillon Stadium ADA-compliant, some quantitative and qualitative specifics may help create a wee bit of credibility. With no details, Fitzpatrick's comments could reasonably be interpreted as Hartford bluffing or running scared after embarrassing itself with its' Dunkin Donuts/baseball and Dillon Stadium/soccer amateurish cluster pharks.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Given Hartford's Director of Development, Sean Fitzpatrick, believes "hundreds of thousands of dollars" in repairs are required to make Dillon Stadium ADA-compliant, some quantitative and qualitative specifics may help create a wee bit of credibility. With no details, Fitzpatrick's comments could reasonably be interpreted as Hartford bluffing or running scared after embarrassing itself with its' Dunkin Donuts/baseball and Dillon Stadium/soccer amateurish cluster pharks.
It's really bizarre considering the owner has stated everywhere that he will pay for all the improvements on his own. I'm sure there's some more to that reality then stated but why not turn it over to him to prove he'll do it. Make it clear the city/state will give no money and if he pulls it off, then he can rent the stadium. If he can't, he'll need to find somewhere else. Not sure how this would be a major issue for the city.....even if the owner screws up something with his "fixes", the stadium needs repairs no matter what. Not sure what the reservation is from the city

UCFBfan

Reaction Score
@UCFBfan ... liability as stadium owner?
True. I guess my point was that the whole thing would need to be checked out and passed with ADA standards no matter what. So if the owner does all he says he will and it passes, wouldn't it get the city off the hook for that? I honestly don't know all the legalities behind any of this.

In the end, it's like I said, it might be too good an offer to really believe and the city would be required to put some money into the project. At this point Hartford is on the brink of bankruptcy and there's no way they can afford to put a penny towards something like this.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
In all the places I've officiated games... Dillon was probably the worst.

It never felt like a stretch that the bleachers would collapse mid game even though they were empty.

Reaction Score

Or they are just trying to get the Sarwar's to pick up the entire tab.

We're talking about a grass roots, semi-pro 4th division team here. If Hartford doesn't let him play there then he will find a High School to play at just like AC Connecticut and Connecticut FC do.

Reaction Score
Or they are just trying to get the Sarwar's to pick up the entire tab.

We're talking about a grass roots, semi-pro 4th division team here. If Hartford doesn't let him play there then he will find a High School to play at just like AC Connecticut and Connecticut FC do.

Aren't they higher if NASL folds/merges?

Reaction Score
Aren't they higher if NASL folds/merges?

Possibly. Officially there isn't a 4th division as far as I know. It wouldn't surprise me if the USSF gave the 3rd div to the USL's PDL.

UCFBfan

Reaction Score

And Hartford fail.. ....Hartford FC will be playing at CCSU.....nothing says big time like playing in New Britain at Central. ..... sucks.....

Reaction Score
And Hartford fail.. ....Hartford FC will be playing at CCSU.....nothing says big time like playing in New Britain at Central. ..... sucks.....
It's Hartford. Got fail? However, if the New Britain team experiences any success there's potential for the owners to shift to Hartford and for more Deepster murder updates. ;)

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
I like Aaron, but his realities don't always match his dreams. I wish him luck on this venture and hope it works out.

Reaction Score
Not the biggest soccer fan but I am going to get behind this and buy ST. And while I eventually want the team to move to Dillon the CCSU pitch doesn't look half bad in the interim.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Central's facility is a million times better than Dillon Stadium.

Reaction Score
Central's facility is a million times better than Dillon Stadium.

They had $12M set aside to renovate it but I think the ballpark and the cities financial woes scuttled it.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
They had $12M set aside to renovate it but I think the ballpark and the cities financial woes scuttled it.

Why would anyone spend 12 million on that place? So a team backed by the son of a guy who has a restaurant has somewhere to play?

Have any of you been there? I worked plenty of football games there it's an absolute hellhole.

Central is easy to get to, has a ton of parking, is in great shape, has lighting you can actually see under....

Nobody in their right mind is going to Dillion for semi-pro soccer.

Reaction Score
It's actually kind of surprising that area of Hartford has been as heavily neglected as it has been.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
It's actually kind of surprising that area of Hartford has been as heavily neglected as it has been.

Hartford got it right. They built out Front Street and the Convention Center and didn't waste a cent on the garbage athletic fields.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Dillon is right next to the Colt building, that place has received a ton of attention.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom