Hartford Athletic | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Hartford Athletic

Reaction Score
Turf is down in the stadium.
O dark thirty and you have turf on the mind. LOL.
ha-logo-4color-810x810.jpg

Reaction Score
More green and blue? Are the people of Hartford really lacking in imagination?

I guess the owners are trying to keep the Whalers alive.. Hartford Athletics is a fine name...

I hope H.A. will have a Whalers day like the Yard Goats (love that name!) do.

Reaction Score
There are some updates on the team website. The club sections are going to have chairbacks while the reserved sections will be benches with backs. The GA sections will be benches, but they've cut the price in the supporters section to $12.50 per game.

Reaction Score
I went by Dillon yesterday and they are workin on the building, topped I assume by the press box, that will sit behind the reserved side stands. The foundation is in and they’ve erected scaffolding for the construction. Oddly, the top floor that I presume is the press box does not appear to at mid-field. However, I looked at the latest drawings and it appears offset there as well. I wonder why?

Reaction Score
They have players! I'll say this, these guys seem to have a plan.
Under 5 months from scheduled games, obtaining older, experienced players may be part of a plan. One for New Britski, 2 with some success scoring goals.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
This truly is incredible. This project is destined to never happen. The problem now is that Dillon has now been knocked down.

Typical CT BS. However, there are a lot of sour grapes happening here with the developer who didn't have his plan chosen. I love how he makes the claim about how the project was supposed to be 7 million but is now 14 and before long it could become 20. I guarantee this guy would have the same thing happen to him.

They try and make it seem like a Yard Goats situation will occur. I can't see it. Soccer is not as popular as going to a minor league baseball game in this area. Especially when that game is played in a top notch stadium. Dillon will never have the same amenities that will make it attractive. The Yard Goats lucked out on their building disaster. I don't know of Hartford Athletic will have the same luck, assuming this gets done.

Reaction Score
He gave money to the GOP. Everyone involved in the Dillon project for the city and the state are Democrats. It makes the idea he was buying influence pretty lame.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
I love the galaxy brain genius that thinks having a college freshman donating five-figures to a candidate and having her list the home address wouldn't set off any red flags.

Good lord, have a little tact with the illegal contributions, that's all we ask.

Reaction Score
No affiliation with the Revs, in case no one stated or knew. An agreement was not reached. So much for that red star.

Reaction Score
Anyone notice the whale tale in the A for Athletic in the HA logo?

This is so lame. Hartford builds a culture that revolves around the Whalers. As if that's the best thing to ever happen in Hartford.

I actually preferred the navy, silver and green scheme. Way more majestic look.

Reaction Score
This truly is incredible. This project is destined to never happen. The problem now is that Dillon has now been knocked down.

Typical CT BS. However, there are a lot of sour grapes happening here with the developer who didn't have his plan chosen. I love how he makes the claim about how the project was supposed to be 7 million but is now 14 and before long it could become 20. I guarantee this guy would have the same thing happen to him.

They try and make it seem like a Yard Goats situation will occur. I can't see it. Soccer is not as popular as going to a minor league baseball game in this area. Especially when that game is played in a top notch stadium. Dillon will never have the same amenities that will make it attractive. The Yard Goats lucked out on their building disaster. I don't know of Hartford Athletic will have the same luck, assuming this gets done.
The Yard Goats didn't luck out. They had all bad luck and still were a tremendous success. It's the market. Soccer will succeed as well for the same reason.

When will people realize that Hartford has it going on. Everything they are doing lately works. Convention Center - success, Front Street - success, Science Center - success, Yard Goats - success, UConn downtown - success, Apartment explosion - success. If the state and city government would just become a little business friendly the city would have a very bright future.

You can expect the soccer team to do very well and the naysayers to lose again.

Reaction Score
The red star represents the Hurricanes' championship, according to reddit users...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom