Hartford Athletic - 2024 | The Boneyard

Hartford Athletic - 2024

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Opening Day today and I'm looking forward to a good season. Then again, I felt the same way last year and they came in DFL. But last year (to paraphrase Rare Earth) I put my faith in Tab Ramos and Tab Ramos let me down. This year it's another re-set but this one might take. HA has a new CEO with good player connections and a new coach who is well-repected around the league (despite the fact he's a BCU alum). Pre-season pundits have them fighting for a play-off spot. I'm hoping for better. We'll score, I'm not sure about the keeping. Like they always say, "if you have five goalkeepers, you really have no goalkeepers."

One new bit of spiciness this year, Rhody is finally fielding a team after threatening to do so for years. One of their first bits of business was poaching two of Hartford's most popular players. Not just that, they are throwing a ton of cash around for players including the league's top goal scorer. I honestly think part of this is PC-UConn envy. And it was just announced that there will be a team playing at Coney Island next season. That will make a nice Northeast contingent. Before, the closest away games were at Pitt and Loudoun, VA. And my offer still holds, if I see you at a game, I'll buy you a beer.

ADD: They won their 1st game! On the road at +350!

Last edited:

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Bad enough the weather looks awful for the home opener on Saturday, HA is losing one of their best players to International duty. I've got a poncho but cold rain really puts a crimp on ticket sales.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Brutal conditions but Athletic won their home opener. They're now 2-0 to start the season. They only had 4 wins all last season!

Reaction Score
If they converted a few more of their frequent chances I’d say the first half might be the best I’ve seen in franchise history. They controlled play, particularly on the outside, and had Birmingham just falling back in a shell. The 2nd half they became a bit too conservative as they played with a lead, but unlike previous years where a porous defense would have coughed up late goals, they held steady to get a well deserved win.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Athletic to win is the betting favorite tomorrow. I don't think I saw that all last year. But the big news tomorrow for the USL is they are playing on network TV for the first time. It's Louisville v Indy on CBS at 4pm. Set your DVR's (or equivalent)!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom