OT: Harry's Razors? | The Boneyard

OT: Harry's Razors?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Been seeing this banner ad on this site and elsewhere and was intrigued, seeing as the price of my Gillette Mach 3 Turbo blades keeps getting more and more ridiculous. I'm a daily shaver and I like a good shave with a decent razor. Can't do electric or disposables. Harry's looks like it would cut the cost by around 1/3, and overall the reviews seem really positive, but just skimming through them I've already found a couple that say that they aren't that good and don't compare to the Mach 3. Anyone here ever use this product? If so, any reviews appreciated. Thanks.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
I recently went all in on Harrys. I bought the Winston set (3 blades, cool metal handle and some shave cream) for $25. And bought 16 blades for $25.

Very smooth shave. Nice 5-blade razors. I get every angle but that under the nose area takes angular patience. Keep hands dry as metal handle is slippery. I get at least 7 shaves/blade.

Happy I did it.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I get every angle but that under the nose area takes angular patience.
Thanks. Funny, one of the negative comments I read was that the head wasn't small or flexible enough for the tight spots like under the nose. I have some serious schnoz so that me be an issue. I may give it a shot though.

Reaction Score
Bought it as a backup or travel razor but I find I am using it every day. IMO it's just as good as the name brands.

Reaction Score
I recently went all in on Harrys. I bought the Winston set (3 blades, cool metal handle and some shave cream) for $25. And bought 16 blades for $25.

Very smooth shave. Nice 5-blade razors. I get every angle but that under the nose area takes angular patience. Keep hands dry as metal handle is slippery. I get at least 7 shaves/blade.

Happy I did it.
Been using for the last 6 months. Great shave.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
Be a real man and get a safety razor. 100 blades for $11. I conservatively go for 3 shaves per blade.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Fwiw, when I started seeing the targeted Harry's ads, I started reading online reviews and got directed to the Dorco Pace 3, which was less expensive and seemed like it might be good enough for my needs. I've been happy so far.

After a Saturday Night Live ad parody that joked about a 3rd blade back in the days of Mach II, I've never been able to imagine taking 4 and now 5 blades seriously. I think of the headlights on Clark Griswold's family truckster. Then again, passenger vehicles got way larger.

Reaction Score
Dollar shave club is a good deal. I go for their cheapest blade and I am glad I made the switch. I get about three shaves per blade, don't shave on weekends. Three bucks a month. Can't beat it.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I made the switch to Harry's in the spring. No regrets. I keep a smooth chrome dome and have to shave my face six days a week. With the Gillette Mach 3's I was going through about one blade per week. With Harry's they last two weeks minimum.

So, half the price and twice the usage means I've cut my razor costs to a 1/4 of what they were. Can't beat the 8 blades +S/H for $15. That's almost three months of blades for me. I use it with the Nivea for Men shaving cream and it's great.

And I got my wife hooked on them too.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Not for nothing gentlemen but it is " no shave November" can we table this and circle back in a couple weeks?

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Not for nothing gentlemen but it is " no shave November" can we table this and circle back in a couple weeks?
When your beard is red and starts to grow patches of white, you shave. Or at least I do.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
8893 said:
When your beard is red and starts to grow patches of white, you shave. Or at least I do.

My beard is pretty much all white now and I just turned 47. I've pretty much just given up on that. But then I sit alone in a server room all day and play night gigs, it really doesn't matter in those environments like it would in others.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Speaking of environments @8893 and @August_West...I'll be at the Pub tomorow by 12:30 pm. I guess I am hoping...errr...they have ESPNU. Probably do. I will try to claim bar stools but a pub table will be a fine back-up.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Speaking of environments @8893 and @August_West...I'll be at the Pub tomorow by 12:30 pm. I guess I am hoping...errr...they have ESPNU. Probably do. I will try to claim bar stools but a pub table will be a fine back-up.
Thanks. Unfortunately it's looking extremely unlikely for me given the way my week is shaping up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom