Hardcore out | The Boneyard

Hardcore out

Reaction Score
I am done. Can’t handle this anymore. This had evolved into a total embarrassment.

Reaction Score
Has to get better at some point. It’s impossible to be this bad for so long.

Reaction Score
How am I supposed to care when they don’t. It pains me that I do. I hate myself.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
How am I supposed to care when they don’t. It pains me that I do. I hate myself.

Players care at least most of them. Some don't and they won't be there long either way. Tonight was just terrible, no other way to put it.

Reaction Score
Honestly was not talking about players. Pains me to even think about that. Was talking about coaching staff and the administration.

Reaction Score
I’m more positive now than I’ve been in ages. I see talent, speed and youth. Yes, we need more talent and speed, but at least I see some. It was really scary there for a while.

I think Randy can get us to mediocre. I’m just not sure if he can take us any further. The only way I see for him to make us a good team is to get a talented OC and leave him to do his job without oversight.

Reaction Score
I’m more positive now than I’ve been in ages. I see talent, speed and youth. Yes, we need more talent and speed, but at least I see some. It was really scary there for a while.

I think Randy can get us to mediocre. I’m just not sure if he can take us any further. The only way I see for him to make us a good team is to get a talented OC and leave him to do his job without oversight.

Honestly where do you see the talent? Players I am bullish on:
Travis Jones
Kevon Jones
Tyler Coyle
Jay Rose
Cam Ross

that’s 5 players that stand out and I have seen improve year to year (in Ross’ case, week to week, he is going to be a good one)

We need way more than 5 players.

hopefully JC and Grad transfers are a huge focus in 2020.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Honestly was not talking about players. Pains me to even think about that. Was talking about coaching staff and the administration.
Coaching staff, yes absolutely, but the administration I think is doing an ok job, they dumped Ollie and hired Hurley, have made much needed facilities improvements in several sports, and saved men's and women's basketball with the move to the Big East.

Reaction Score
I give you that the administration is trying but I guess to me they are who ultimately is in charge of the staff. I have backed off the ledge I was on last night but it’s just so painful to roll this nonsense out every week and see absolutely no one in the crowd. It’s embarrassing to see how far we have fallen. No one even remembers the days when we were a legit program. Seeing the stadium last night was so depressing.

Griggs

Yale Bowl portal 8
Reaction Score
2020 schedule has improved,; I fear that player development will not. Having second thoughts about going independent and staying FBS. It's all about winning and putting people in the seats. Don't see much of either happening in the future. Really hope I'm wrong.

Reaction Score
I give you that the administration is trying but I guess to me they are who ultimately is in charge of the staff. I have backed off the ledge I was on last night but it’s just so painful to roll this nonsense out every week and see absolutely no one in the crowd. It’s embarrassing to see how far we have fallen. No one even remembers the days when we were a legit program. Seeing the stadium last night was so depressing.
You do know that Benedict was forced to hire Edsall against his better judgement. Edsall was not his choice. I think Benedict is our best AD since Lew Perkins, and he's a football guy.

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
Hard part is watching Memphis SMU and thinking
F*{k why can’t this be US!!!!

Reaction Score
Hard part is watching Memphis SMU and thinking
F*{k why can’t this be US!!!!

Worst part is all the transfers I’ve seen doing damage today. We need a coaching staff that will go get transfers. TheIt bigger bodies and experience will speed this process up quite a bit.

Reaction Score
You do know that Benedict was forced to hire Edsall against his better judgement. Edsall was not his choice. I think Benedict is our best AD since Lew Perkins, and he's a football guy.
Have heard this here recently. I guess my thing is if you are a great AD you don’t allow that to happen. That said I Have always liked Benedict and think he’s pretty good. But where do we go from here with the staff? Another year of Edsall I think is another year of crap with a fan base that is diminishing by the day.

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
Worst part is all the transfers I’ve seen doing damage today. We need a coaching staff that will go get transfers. TheIt bigger bodies and experience will speed this process up quite a bit.
good point SMU got a bunch of them

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
Honestly where do you see the talent? Players I am bullish on:
Travis Jones
Kevon Jones
Tyler Coyle
Jay Rose
Cam Ross

that’s 5 players that stand out and I have seen improve year to year (in Ross’ case, week to week, he is going to be a good one)

We need way more than 5 players.

hopefully JC and Grad transfers are a huge focus in 2020.
Matt Drayton, Elijah Jeffries are good too. Joyce Medlock has a good future too. Jackson Mitchell can be a player to. The Line has gotten better. Still too many raw young guys in the DB. Finally, Uguak, DeVaughn, Pace and Fuller have lots of room to grow physically and experience wise. So there are a lot more pieces to be bullish on. But until we have a good QB, we will struggle.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score

Not true and I will leave it at that

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
So Rob, AD Dave made that great Hurley hire but was forced to hire RE?
Cake and eat it?

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Who was his choice Rob?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom