Harbaugh vs, Fickell | The Boneyard

Harbaugh vs, Fickell

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
Anyone else following this? I read the article in The Athletic which seemed to be sympathetic to the player, but I don't think Harbaugh did anything wrong. Fickell agrees that Harbaugh said he wouldn't lie....so what is the issue? It feels like Fickell wanted a coaching fraternity hook up and is bitter he didn't get it.

Fickell shouldn't worry....I am sure Hudson will still get 6 years of eligibility.

ShakyTheMohel

Reaction Score
Anyone else following this? I read the article in The Athletic which seemed to be sympathetic to the player, but I don't think Harbaugh did anything wrong. Fickell agrees that Harbaugh said he wouldn't lie....so what is the issue? It feels like Fickell wanted a coaching fraternity hook up and is bitter he didn't get it.

Fickell shouldn't worry....I am sure Hudson will still get 6 years of eligibility.
Oops... meant to include a link...

Reaction Score
Agreed. Fickell seems kind of pompous. Makes a lot of sense why AAC media day players voted him 2nd in coaches they wouldn't wanna play for (only behind Edsall).

ShakyTheMohel

Reaction Score
Makes you wonder what he asked Edsall to say about Beavers.
I was wondering the same thing. I guess Fickell didn't think dropping Randys name in the interview would help his cause.

ShakyTheMohel

Reaction Score

What a mess. Fickell still looks stupid. But,,,it sounds like change is coming....

“I think there is a real good possibility that within the next year, the legislative council will throw out what’s on the books and replace it with a one-time transfer-without-penalty rule,” Mars says.

Reaction Score
Aubrey Solomon who transferred to TN from Michigan (announced in December) has yet to be cleared. There seems to be some agreement amongst coaches to help the players land on their feet at the destination school. Harbaugh has clearly not bought into that.

Reaction Score
Harbaugh is an idiot. He'll be gone from Um in the next couple of years. He's rubbed a lot of folks the wrong way on a number of issues, not to mention he can't beat Osu which is even a bigger issue. Don't kid yourself, there's a reason why all the other kids who transferred had their previous schools blessing in writing while Harbaugh does not provide it. They can say all they want about it having no bearing, but all these other kids(in Fickell's case Osu and Bama) are eligible and Harbaugh's player is not. He's an advocate of every player having a one time transfer(!), yet he can't have his staff pen a short letter? That's crap. Is it the Osu connection, maybe? Who knows as Harbaugh is all over the place.

Fwiw, Harbaugh succeeded at Stanford in the Pac12 with basically a B10 game plan being the physical team where there were none, and honestly he's just one of many in that league( B10) now. They'll grow impatient with his Lloyd Carr like results particularly with what they pay him. However, his personality will likely get him tossed(or quit) earlier. He can't afford a loss to Todd Day at Osu in his first season.

ShakyTheMohel

Reaction Score
I agree that his days are numbered if he can't beat OSU... especially without Meyer. I still don't think he did anything wrong on this transfer. I agree with him....I wouldn't fabricate a story to game the system either.

Reaction Score
I've read a fair amount about it. It seems like it's easy to get a waiver nowadays if the previous coach help. Harbaugh has no interest in helping, unlike pretty much everyone else.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jjblox

Top Bottom