Status
Not open for further replies.

patrick

Hurley4#6
Reaction Score
funny-thanksgiving-pictures-13.jpeg

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

Reaction Score
Happy thanksgiving to all. Other than when we win a national championship, my favorite day of the year.

Reaction Score
Is it too early for Woodford Reserve over ice? Everyone arrives at my house at 3pm but I've been up since 5:30 am. Getting the itch already. Jack Daniels is a little sweeter, maybe I'll pour that over my pancakes.

Oh, the pleasure I get from holiday drinking. It makes a dreadful get together not only bearable, but pleasant. I go from answering the door with a disingenuous smile and welcome to hugging men and kissing old women on the lips as they arrive. Almost time to put on my game face.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Happy thanksgiving.

When is it ok to talk about how terrible Turkey is as a food? Should be renamed meat-cotton.

Looking forward to spending time with family and friends. Not looking forward to choking down the foul fowl.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Happy thanksgiving.

When is it ok to talk about how terrible Turkey is as a food? Should be renamed meat-cotton.

Looking forward to spending time with family and friends. Not looking forward to choking down the foul fowl.
Its about the alcohol. Always the alcohol.

Reaction Score
Is it too early for Woodford Reserve over ice? Everyone arrives at my house at 3pm but I've been up since 5:30 am. Getting the itch already. Jack Daniels is a little sweeter, maybe I'll pour that over my pancakes.

Oh, the pleasure I get from holiday drinking. It makes a dreadful get together not only bearable, but pleasant. I go from answering the door with a disingenuous smile and welcome to hugging men and kissing old women on the lips as they arrive. Almost time to put on my game face.

Plus if Fishy picks your name out of a hat and shows up at your door and punches you in the face, you don't feel it as much.... :)

Happy Thanksgiving to ALL husky fans!

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Happy Thanksgiving to all you turnips.

Speaking of turnips...I hate turnips. But it sure is a funny word.

Cooking creamed vorned casserole and making a wicked potato mash. Then off to mommas with food, bourbons, ciders and dog in tow.

Curiouser
Reaction Score

Almost 40 years ago my older brother uttered the now-legendary family line "turnips turn me down." It makes little sense, but what he obviously meant was that he hated them. And not a Thanksgiving passes that he does not recite the line, and the story.

How early is too early to start drinking btw?

August_West

Reaction Score
8893 said:
Almost 40 years ago my older brother uttered the now-legendary family line "turnips turn me down." It makes little sense, but what he obviously meant was that he hated them. And not a Thanksgiving passes that he does not recite the line, and the story. How early is too early to start drinking btw?
I hope not too early. I'm on my second bloody.

Reaction Score

To quote the famous philosopher Alan Jackson "It's five o'clock somewhere" Happy Thanksgiving

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I hope not too early. I'm on my second bloody.
I had an internal debate with myself at the packy yesterday, whether to get bloody fixins for today. There were good arguments both ways, but the no vote won out when I kept seeing myself passed out before 5 p.m. Still, I took the long route out of the store to avoid that aisle, because I knew I'd give in if I walked by it.

I'm going to try to hold out until afternoon today.

August_West

Reaction Score
8893 said:
I had an internal debate with myself at the packy yesterday, whether to get bloody fixins for today. There were good arguments both ways, but the no vote won out when I kept seeing myself passed out before 5 p.m. Still, I took the long route out of the store to avoid that aisle, because I knew I'd give in if I walked by it. I'm going to try to hold out until afternoon today.

It is my personal thanksgiving tradition. Drink bloodies so spicy that I scorch my taste buds to the point that I can swallow turkey without repulsion. I crushed a habanero in My garnish is celery and jumbo shrimp .

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score

Cooking creamed vorned casserole and making a wicked potato mash. Then off to mommas with food, bourbons, ciders and dog in tow.
There's a touch of the Gentleman in me mornin' nog.

Reaction Score

southern comfort on the pancakes !!! and HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO EVERYBODY

Reaction Score
Happy thanksgiving.

Gravy, it's what's for dinner... I'm kinda with you, actually. I basically have turkey twice a year. The first is when for some reason I want a turkey sandwich, take one bite, regret it, and then drown it in mayo. The other is T'Giving when the turkey gets inebriated in gravy and mashed potatoes.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
The turkey is on the Weber kettle, I am waiting until 1pm to crack the first Dogfish IPA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom