Happy Holiday!! To ALL You Huskies out there.. | The Boneyard

Happy Holiday!! To ALL You Huskies out there..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
animaatjes-happy-holidays-3974156.gif

Reaction Score
And back to being serious, for Zoroastrians: Jashan of Bahman

Zoroastrianism_Religious_Celebration_Iran.jpeg

Reaction Score
And there are no more Mithraic followers left (I don't believe), but they base their most important religious day (= ~ Dec 25 on the Gregorian Calendar), the accession of Mithra, on an earlier Zoroastrianism. Christmas was originally celebrated on Jan. 6, but moved back to Dec. 25 by the 4th Century so that those who might otherwise have wanted to follow both faiths had to chose only one. But at one point Mithraism was a dominant religious in the Mediterranean world.

242067e5cc0e981164d75e521cf490bb.jpeg

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Looking Back, as we are want to do as the year comes to an end:
Can anyone dispute that 2016 was one of the greatest years in Woman's BB?

Especially if you were a UConn fan. :)

Happy Holidays

Michael S

Reaction Score
And there are no more Mithraic followers left (I don't believe), but they base their most important religious day (= ~ Dec 25 on the Gregorian Calendar), the accession of Mithra, on an earlier Zoroastrianism. Christmas was originally celebrated on Jan. 6, but moved back to Dec. 25 by the 4th Century so that those who might otherwise have wanted to follow both faiths had to chose only one. But at one point Mithraism was a dominant religious in the Mediterranean world.

View attachment 17926

Many cultures today celebrate Three Kings Day or the Feast of the Circumcision much more than Christmas. My fathers family
Celebrated New Years and not Christmas.
Christian holidays usually usurped days celebrated by others with a more sensual aspect to their religious beliefs.
Thanks Bags--for pulling lessons learned as a youth ---like some things physical, lessons unless used often are forgotten--use it or lose it.
Thanks again--these tidbits are enjoyable readings.
An interesting aside to your "those who might other wise have followed---. 100 years ago--Christian Denominations held strong to
not crossing some dogma-- that today is almost extinct. Yet some groups demand only one faith is acceptable. As thing change they remain the same.

Merry Christmas!!!

Reaction Score
For those that put up with my ---senseless humor or attempts---my intellectual or not --seeing basketball or the world from a different angle---with your positive approach to those who take the opposite side---I say:

THANK YOU FOR A VERY ENJOYABLE PAST YEAR---
MERRY CHRISTMAS---MAY ALL YOUR ILLS BE SMALL ONES--MAY YOUR HAPPY DAYS EXCEED ALL OTHERS.

LIFE IS A PRECIOUS GIFT!! USE IT WISELY.

Reaction Score
Here here!!

May my BY family enjoy their families and have a safe and joyous holiday season. I look forward to talking, watching, cheering and celebrating Connecticut's season with you all in 2017!

Reaction Score
A bit of music for the holiday season. Just heard this tonight on NPR and really liked it. Hope you do, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom