Happy COVID-19 Thanksgiving to the Yard... | The Boneyard

Happy COVID-19 Thanksgiving to the Yard...

Reaction Score
The adage of "Best laid plans" applies this year: Our family is practicing social distancing due to COVID in the workplace. As most of you know over the years: Both the Mrs. & my daughter are nurses (Gob Bless Healthcare providers!) in hospital & nursing home settings. Before the pandemic uptick, the plan was to spend the day together.
Plans change for safety reasons. Daughter is spending the day at home with son-in-law & the grandbabies. Both of our sons are celebrating with their girlfriends's families. Wifey & I ordered turkey dinner takeout from a local restaurant (helping out the food service sector). We will all ZOOM meet this evening.
Borrowed from facebook: Better to spend a ZOOM Thanksgiving than an I.C.U. Christmas!
Happy "Turkey Day" to all. BE SAFE! AND, may a semblance of normal return for NEXT Thanksgiving.

Reaction Score
Back @ ya Coach. Stay safe/stay sane.

1606400833260.gif

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Does anyone else love the dog show? It’s one of my favorite parts of Thanksgiving. I never see other people talk about it

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
that looks pretty gross

Looks can be deceiving. It was delicious.

Turkey was roasted perfectly. Gravy was well done. Sweet potato casserole was perfect blend of sweet, salty and crunchy. Cranberry sauce good for tart and sweet. Mashed potatoes were, well, mashed potatoes and dinner role was well, a dinner role.

Overall real good food. More importantly it was shared with family.

Reaction Score
Does anyone else love the dog show? It’s one of my favorite parts of Thanksgiving. I never see other people talk about it
I've been living in Germany for 15+ years so I may be out of the loop. What is the dog show?

Reaction Score
I've been living in Germany for 15+ years so I may be out of the loop. What is the dog show?
American Kennel Club National Dog Show, held this year in Philadelphia. Same announcers as Westminster Show broadcast. Added bonus this year: Springer Spaniel that won best in group was from Cerise Kennel in Sherman, CT. My uncle owned 2 Springers. When that pup pranced across the stage, I turned to the Mrs. & said that I thought it was the prettiest Springer that I've ever seen.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Looks can be deceiving. It was delicious.

Turkey was roasted perfectly. Gravy was well done. Sweet potato casserole was perfect blend of sweet, salty and crunchy. Cranberry sauce good for tart and sweet. Mashed potatoes were, well, mashed potatoes and dinner role was well, a dinner role.

Overall real good food. More importantly it was shared with family.
1606843837146.png

Carbs, carbs, carbs, carbs, carbs, carbs and some turkey slathered in gravy.

Well played.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom