Happy birthday Adama Sanogo! | The Boneyard

Happy birthday Adama Sanogo!

Reaction Score
Happy Birthday Adama!

To a top three all-time center at UConn.

Here’s the list:

1. Emeka Okafor. 2. Cliff Robinson. 3. Adama Sanogo.

Then who is better? Thabeet? Was 7’ 3” Blocked way more shots but doesn’t come close on the offensive end.

Travis Knight? Jake Voskhul? Alex Oriakhi? No. No. Nope. They were all on better teams but 1v1 it’s Adama.

Maybe go way back to chuck aleksinas? but I never saw the Morris mountain play so maybe someone else has an opinion. I’m sticking with Sanogo.

Point is, we should appreciate Adama and his play. One of the best at his position at UConn.

Reaction Score
Happy Birthday Adama!

Here’s the list:

Then who is better? Thabeet? Was 7’ 3” Blocked way more shots but doesn’t come close on the offensive end.

Travis Knight? Jake Voskhul? Alex Oriakhi? No. No. Nope. They were all on better teams but 1v1 it’s Adama.

Maybe go way back to chuck aleksinas? but I never saw the Morris mountain play so maybe someone else has an opinion. I’m sticking with Sanogo.

Point is, we should appreciate Adama and his play. One of the best at his position at UConn.
Thabeet is above Adama. Come on now…

Reaction Score
Thabeet is above Adama. Come on now…
Thabeet averaged 8 points for his career. He could hardly stay on his feet and had hands of stone. And I will never forget him missing a layup and Calhoun shouting for the entire XL center to hear “Dunk the fracking ball!” Except Calhoun didn’t say Fracking. Thabeet was one of the more frustrating players in UConn history. I’m taking Sanogo.

Reaction Score
Thabeet averaged 8 points for his career. He could hardly stay on his feet and had hands of stone. And I will never forget him missing a layup and Calhoun shouting for the entire XL center to hear “Dunk the fracking ball!” Except Calhoun didn’t say Fracking. Thabeet was one of the more frustrating players in UConn history. I’m taking Sanogo.
That’s fine that you’re taking Sanogo, he’s a great player. Thabeet was better.

Reaction Score
I believe Thabeet was National Defensive Player of the Year for 2 years....so I'll take him over Sanogo.

Reaction Score
Happy Birthday Adama!

Here’s the list:

He’s still writing his story here. When it’s all said and done he will probably be top 3. Would be more justified if he can help get us some postseason success.

Reaction Score
I acknowledge Thabeet’s defense in my original post. I agree . He was huge and blocked a lot of shots. I think Sanogo is a better all around basketball player.

Perhaps the fact that Thabeet remains one of the all- time biggest NBA draft busts may color my opinion.

But whether you have Adama 3 or 4, the point remains… Sanogo is one of the best players at his positions in UConn history. And it’s his birthday.

Reaction Score
I acknowledge Thabeet’s defense in my original post. I agree . He was huge and blocked a lot of shots. I think Sanogo is a better all around basketball player.

Perhaps the fact that Thabeet remains one of the all- time biggest NBA draft busts may color my opinion.

But whether you have Adama 3 or 4, the point remains… Sanogo is one of the best players at his positions in UConn history. And it’s his birthday.

Hilton's last year is way underrated by most people. He was unstoppable in the post on both ends.

Reaction Score

Sanogo is a far better and skilled all around basketball player than Thabeet ever was. Can you imagine Thabeet even shooting from 3, let alone making one? There's a reason Thabeet was a complete bust in the NBA despite being well over 7' tall. He simply wasn't a very good player outside of his presence on D in college.

Reaction Score
Happy Birthday Adama!

Here’s the list:

Different era but us older dudes remember Toby Kimbal. His rebounding led the nation -huge numbers and he could score too. Got to the regional finals once but got blown out by Duke.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
Sanogo is a far better and skilled all around basketball player than Thabeet ever was. Can you imagine Thabeet even shooting from 3, let alone making one? There's a reason Thabeet was a complete bust in the NBA despite being well over 7' tall. He simply wasn't a very good player outside of his presence on D in college.
Yes, Thabeet had trouble catching passes, and he didn't have any offensive moves in the post. No comparison to Adama on the offensive end.

Reaction Score
Adama seems like a great guy and an ambassador for UConn and the basketball program.

Happy Birthday Adama!

Reaction Score
"Happy Birthday" is always nice.
I ain't got no "shoulds" to offer.
Do you have any suggestions?
I question writing "celebrate."
Seemed benign at the time.

There is a discussion about whether he the 3rd or 4th best center on a team that has, throughout history had quite a few great centers.

Seems reasonable.

There can't be a cake. This is the interweb.

Reaction Score
There can't be a cake. This is the interweb.
There's always room for cake..

Chocolate Cake Movie GIF

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom