Happy 77-74 day | The Boneyard

Happy 77-74 day

Reaction Score
1648567529443.png

Reaction Score
I can still remember being there as if it was yesterday.
That ticket stub you have in your avatar is one I have kept in my safe all these years and will get laminated eventually. Same for the blue version of the ticket which I think was used in the semi final.

I will always cherish being at the Final Four games in person to see them win it all.

Reaction Score
Our first NC in our first Final Four. There will never be another sports high like that night. The intensity of the game, the jubilation of beating Duke and shocking the world, the celebrations afterward, the parade in Hartford, etc. Think I watched or listened to the replay of the game broadcast every day that summer. The buzz lasted that long.

What a time.

Reaction Score
23 years ago we shocked the world.

Duck Fuke!
Ah, that score. I thought it was a good omen at the end of the first OT in the women's game last night. With just 3 seconds left, UConn led NC St 77-74. I told my wife, if they hold onto that final score, watch out!!! Alas, NC State prolonged their nightmare for another OT with a last second 3.

Reaction Score
Last nights women's game was at 77-74 at one point with very little time left. I told my wife the score needed to stay that way. It didn't, but I could dream.
Yes it was!!!

Reaction Score
The greatest night ever, would love to hear the pre and post game radio call- ins from Durham that night.

Reaction Score
As good a day as I have ever had. EVER. Being there live made it ultra-exhilarating.

Wedding day and birth of my son's not withstanding.

Reaction Score
being at Tropicana Field was amazing on the Monday night.
So I'm a Yankee fan. Every time they play at the Trop, the announcers complain about something.

I, on the other hand, always go over to my wife and give her a kiss. And we say in unison..."I LOVE that place." It's a ritual.

One of the great weekends and nights of our lives. We've been to other , but 1999 was the first and the most special.

Reaction Score
Greatest UConn game ever played, always and forever. Nothing was more exciting.

When they went down 9-2 four minutes, 3 turnovers, the poorest 4 minutes of the season from UConn IMO outside of that 59-42 loss to Cuse. El-Amin drained that 3 that was waved off and Duke got the ball up 7 and I was scared, I admit.

But look at that stop caused from Hamilton's relentless pressure that caused the travel. THAT defined the game. If Duke had gone down and knocked down a 3 that possession maybe they pull away. Single most important defensive possession in the game IMO. After that Moore drove down the lane for a 2. El-Amin's effort to outhustle and get the ball to Hamilton for his first 2 (9-6) made me realize, UConn is gonna win this because it set the tone for the rest of the game.

Hamilton got a steal the next trip down then caused a travel, again down 11-10. Just brilliant defense, Huskies were too much for Duke on the defensive end, amazing sequence when it went from 9-2 down to just 11-10 down and getting the ball back.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Watching the in-game T -Shirt vendors remove the stacks of "Duke Wins" T-Shirts and replacing them with ours was one of my favorite moments in all of sports.

Reaction Score
This topic never gets old. The last four digits of my childhood landline ended in 7774. We should have kept it for that reason alone.

The next morning I bought donuts for my entire work unit in celebration. I was in such a good mood it didn’t even bother me when a couple of the donut eaters said “what did you say we were celebrating today?”

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jamie Taco

Top Bottom