Hank Hughes Cincy D-Coordinator | The Boneyard

Hank Hughes Cincy D-Coordinator

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
This has been rumored for a week but still no official announcement from school? Must be more red-tape to clear any posting/hr vetting process.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Hank was a hardworker and competent DC. Nothing more or less. I wasn't particularly disappointed when he left, and wouldn't have been disappointed if he stayed.

A little surprised that he is working for Tuberville, who I thought favored more aggressive D's.

Reaction Score
Hank did a HELL of a lot for UCONN football over the years here. Can he get an Amen?
When I was a young assistant coach whose background was WR's & DB's, he spent A LOT of time working 1 on 1 with me to help me broaden my knowledge base as a coach. He took his time, was a great communicator, and was so giving of his time that I was the one who cut the session short out of guilt for taking up so much of his time! He is just a good person.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
As a DC, Hank's schemes, primarily for coverage, were a bit too passive and bland for my liking but that aside there is not one bad thing that can be said about the man as a person, a coach or an employee at UConn. I wish him all the best.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
The thing about Hank's bland defenses is that they work in college football. College QB's have trouble sustaining 10+ play drives. Eventually a QB makes a bad throw or a RB slips on a cut or something like that, it is then 2nd or 3rd and long, and all the percentages favor the defense.

You won't stop a lot of great or even very good offenses playing with Hank's D, but you will usually stop the mediocre and bad ones.

Reaction Score
Hank did a HELL of a lot for UCONN football over the years here. Can he get an Amen?

After UCONN beats Cincinnati next year is when he'll get an Amen from me.

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score
I am hoping this is not true. Really a puzzling hire on our end. Tubs said he wanted a guy with midwest recruiting ties.

Reaction Score
I am hoping this is not true. Really a puzzling hire on our end. Tubs said he wanted a guy with midwest recruiting ties.

It's true -

>>Official now- co-defensive coordinator and linebackers coach.

TomGroeschen6:10pm via TweetDeck
#UC announces 2 new football assistantscin.ci/1eHpfg4 #bearcats

“@TTuberville: Pleased to announce the addition of coaches Hank Hughes and Jeff Koonz to the #Bearcats defensive staff. http://Post original url/1miyV6m”<<

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
Hank was a great coach and ambassador for UCONN during his time here. He told a story a few years ago at a signing day event in the basement of the civic center that his son had a small basketball court in the house that had Husky logos all over it. He bled blue and I wish him success in the future. He is a football coach and looking at his resume, he traveled quite a bit before we became home to him and his family. Some of you might not like his defenses- but remember who makes the tackles and defends the passes.

Reaction Score
Hank made a real difference when he joined Edsalll's staff. He brought a ton of energy at a time when the team really needed it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom