Hang in there guys | The Boneyard

Hang in there guys

Reaction Score
Most in my circle know I'm a die hard UCONN fan. Like you I am used to the wise cracks about how bad my Huskies are from fair weather, casual fans. I actually can't blame them for feeling that way! It's getting old but I can take it because I believe the leadership is moving us in the right direction. It's easy to get down, really down after 6 years of losing but let's get real. It's going to take a little more time for things to jell. As painful as it is, the real fans have to be patient and trust in this coaching staff and the new systems. Learning entirely new Offensive and Defensive philosophies/schemes is going to come with mistakes. We have to expect them. It's part of the learning process, like riding a bike. I am looking to see improvement each week as the unfamiliar becomes more natural and less mechanical. Of course I hope it would happen faster but that's just not reality.

As fans, we are learning too. Here are a couple of good articles worth reading in order to gain understanding of the uptempo offense and the 3-3-5 defense.

A new look at college football tempo

West Virginia’s all or nothing defense

West Virginia is still working out some kinks on defense with all these new starters and are still nailing down the starting eight in the defensive backfield (David Long won the will linebacker job after the season started). Potential star and strong “spur” safety Kyzir White (brother to Kevin and Ka’raun) is still learning the system and getting acclimated while the DL needs to develop some depth. All that said, this is a very difficult unit to prepare for and execute against because they aren’t playing the game the same way as everyone else. What’s more, they’re only going to improve over the course of the season.

Once these kids start to get it, they are going to have fun again and so will we! Hang in there!

Last edited:

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
God bless you Carl

Reaction Score
Most in my circle know I'm a die hard UCONN fan. Like you I am used to the wise cracks about how bad my Huskies are from fair weather, casual fans. I actually can't blame them for feeling that way! It's getting old but I can take it because I believe the leadership is moving us in the right direction. It's easy to get down, really down after 6 years of losing but let's get real. It's going to take a little more time for things to jell. As painful as it is, the real fans have to be patient and trust in this coaching staff and the new systems. Learning entirely new Offensive and Defensive philosophies/schemes is going to come with mistakes. We have to expect them. It's part of the learning process, like riding a bike. I am looking to see improvement each week as the unfamiliar becomes more natural and less mechanical. Of course I hope it would happen faster but that's just not reality.

As fans, we are learning too. Here are a couple of good articles worth reading in order to gain understanding of the uptempo offense and the 3-3-5 defense.

A new look at college football tempo

West Virginia’s all or nothing defense

West Virginia is still working out some kinks on defense with all these new starters and are still nailing down the starting eight in the defensive backfield (David Long won the will linebacker job after the season started). Potential star and strong “spur” safety Kyzir White (brother to Kevin and Ka’raun) is still learning the system and getting acclimated while the DL needs to develop some depth. All that said, this is a very difficult unit to prepare for and execute against because they aren’t playing the game the same way as everyone else. What’s more, they’re only going to improve over the course of the season.

Once these kids start to get it, they are going to have fun again and so will we! Hang in there!

They are already a lot more fun to watch than the Diaco teams and I enjoy seeing so many freshmen despite their mistakes. If we can get to 5 wins I will be very happy.

Reaction Score
I don't know what fans reasonably expected at this point. We have an entirely new staff, entirely new schemes, and, unfortunately, a roster that will take time to build. There are simply no shortcuts if we want to put together a sustainable and successful program. It will take some time. There will be days like Saturday when it is hard to see the endgame. For me, it was incredibly frustrating to be watching the Ville game on Sat night and thinking - my god, that should be us, that could be us. What seems like an eternity ago, we were the better program. We let it slip away, horribly. But it finally feels as if we have adults at the controls and that better days are ahead. But it will take some time - certainly, more than 2 weeks.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
As with every other sport, winning cures what ails you.

If we beat ECU, you'll see the same fans who are blasting the team bounce right back and harp on about which player they were right about. You'll see the same fans look back at the Virginia loss with a different lens than they are currently using to look at it. It will become a "if we only did this or that" situation rather than a "we suck and there's no end to the suck" situation. Of course, if we lose to ECU, the "we suck" will become louder.

Let's hope we grab a win against ECU and get the train rolling again...

Reaction Score
In for long haul. Too many mistakes last Saturday on offense. Growing pains on defense. Randy won't tolerate the former &teach trough the latter. This is an instructional year. As UConn transitons to Randy recruits, play will get better exponentially. Was initially hoping for 6-6 record this season. It is still possible. Just as anxious as the rest of the 'YARD to see a decrease in boneheaded play with a commensurate increase of positive results.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
I mean our Fiesta Bowl year we lost to a thoroughly mediocre to bad Michigan team by the same transitive score of 30-10. All but garauntees we need to make reservations for a NY6 bowl.

I thought UVA was one of the easier games en route to 7 wins. I think 2 is now more likely with a win next week. Our offense is okay right now and I think can even improve but I don't see our defense stopping anybody left on our schedule.

Last edited:

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
As with every other sport, winning cures what ails you.

If we beat ECU, you'll see the same fans who are blasting the team bounce right back and harp on about which player they were right about. You'll see the same fans look back at the Virginia loss with a different lens than they are currently using to look at it. It will become a "if we only did this or that" situation rather than a "we suck and there's no end to the suck" situation. Of course, if we lose to ECU, the "we suck" will become louder.

Let's hope we grab a win against ECU and get the train rolling again...

If they lose to ECU it's a 'thoughts
and prayers' situation.

Reaction Score
It's getting old but I can take it because I believe the leadership is moving us in the right direction.

Man am I getting sick of the "the leadership is moving in the right direction" line. Heard it when P was in charge and heard it when Diaco first started. The comments were the cupboard was left bare for P when he took over but he is moving in the right direction. Then the cupboard was left bare for Diaco but he was moving the team in the right direction. Edsall barely beat Holy Cross and got embarrassed by VA and I guess it's because the cupboard was left bare once again. But at least he's moving in the right direction. :(

Reaction Score
Man am I getting sick of the "the leadership is moving in the right direction" line. Heard it when P was in charge and heard it when Diaco first started. The comments were the cupboard was left bare for P when he took over but he is moving in the right direction. Then the cupboard was left bare for Diaco but he was moving the team in the right direction. Edsall barely beat Holy Cross and got embarrassed by VA and I guess it's because the cupboard was left bare once again. But at least he's moving in the right direction. :(

You are not alone, we are all sick of saying that but still hope this group gets it right and I know you do too!

Reaction Score
You are not wrong but at least Randy has a track record here. Wether you liked RE1.0 or not is a different arguement.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom