Hand the team 100% over to Alterique | The Boneyard

Hand the team 100% over to Alterique

Kauffmak10

BleedBlue
Reaction Score
I've rooted hard as anyone for JA to be the leader we all wanted him to be, but IMO it's time for this to be AG's team 100% from here on out and let JA be a solid #2 (no pun intended)

AG is a future Uconn championship guard and it's time to ride or die with him the rest of this season for the future of this team. Rust of starting to come off (still some there obviously) but future is BRIGHT for him and us..

And as a final thought.. VERY proud of this teams fight tonight.. not a big believer in being happy after a loss but saw a lot of positive things to build on tonight for next year and beyond.

(OK, my blood pressure is starting to come down now)

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
I've rooted hard as anyone for JA to be the leader we all wanted him to be, but IMO it's time for this to be AG's team 100% from here on out and let JA be a solid #2 (no pun intended)

AG is a future Uconn championship guard and it's time to ride or die with him the rest of this season for the future of this team. Rust of starting to come off (still some there obviously) but future is BRIGHT for him and us..

And as a final thought.. VERY proud of this teams fight tonight.. not a big believer in being happy after a loss but saw a lot of positive things to build on tonight for next year and beyond.

(OK, my blood pressure is starting to come down now)
Adams is averaging 17 points on 51% shooting. Gilbert 13 on 41%. Bad idea.

Reaction Score
Yeah, not sure this is the game to push that agenda. Jalen was leading big time until foul trouble and we likely would've won with him in there. But props to AG making it happen in his absence.

Reaction Score
Jalen had 16-6-5 despite fighting trash fouls all night. You can have two leaders. It's generally a good thing.
I prefer that Jalen is at the point when they are both in. Jalen seems to play better when he is at the point. It feels like AG is competing with him on who has the nicer drive when he plays point. As soon as Jalen comes out Gilbert is making better decisions with the ball and more decisive with his drives at the point because he is the man. Gilbert can shoot the ball better so I rather he does that when he is in the game with Jalen . Jalen can do kickouts to him when open instead of Gilbert just hoisting it up at half court.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
There's room for both and more. Having talent playing up to potential is a good thing. If only AG was 6-10 and 260 lbs.

Reaction Score
Gilbert can absolutely be the leader on this team, but they need to play to make each other better. If Gilbert takes the initiative like he did tonight- the game will get easier for Jalen and CV. Not to mention more open shots for Polley to miss...

Reaction Score
AG a beast. I’m still sick to my stomach he didn’t get chance at last shot

Reaction Score
Al was great down the stretch but we shouldn't forget he was pretty bad for the first part of that game. Got back to his out-of-control tendencies. There are still strides to be made, but the end of the game was encouraging.

Reaction Score
I think JA and AG should both shoulder the load on offense. It will save wear and tear on both of them. I don't like Smith at the top with the ball. The ball seems to stop moving when he catches it up top a lot of the time. I'd prefer he be out on the wing.

Reaction Score
AG can wait. He's just getting back into the game. He can lead along with Jalen (and CV) but not as THE leader. Also quite often following makes you a great leader. But I see a team deferring to the Senior even though our Senior may not be the leader we need. AG will soon be our leader but now's not the time. I also see CV being a co-leader next year, like Ricky and Khalid.

Reaction Score
Alterique down the stretch recently has been looking unreal.. Just need him to start the games off better. What a player he could become for us!

Doctor Hoop

Prescribing Hardwood Excellence
Reaction Score
Your leader and your leading scorer don’t have to be the same guy. Think of Jason Kidd. Gilbert and Adams will both handle the ball a lot, but while neither are great passers, Gilbert is better.

Reaction Score
ESPN

This is funny and so darn right.

Ok who watched the Duke game, better yet who was watching the game prior to Duke? I mean you have 2-3 minutes left in the game and if UConn was on next you'd be looking at the bottom where it would say "UConn Tip Off 2:05 ESPNNews will carry that game until the conclusion of this game", basically any game for any program but Duke. What do they do announce the game that is on will be finished on ESPNNews LOL and they proceed to show us 5 minutes of Duke highlights before the tip even happens. What a complete joke ESPN is now and Dickie V wow he was out of control. I have supported him for a while but he was beyond any support because of his Duke fandom, pitiful how ESPN is they're getting worst of that's even possible.

Reaction Score
DwzcralWsAAWkIP.jpg

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom